Ficus krishnae

Satish Phadke

Mar 3, 2011, 10:44:02 AM3/3/11
to indiantreepix
Just to share............
A big tree of Ficus krishnae in Rani Bag Mumbai.
I have seen a smaller one in Pune. (Garware college.)
Dr Phadke
_MG_0898s.jpg
_MG_0897s.jpg

Padmini Raghavan

Mar 3, 2011, 11:38:16 AM3/3/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
There is a big one at Lal Bagh, Bangalore.
Regards,
Padmini Raghavan.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Mar 5, 2011, 2:54:04 AM3/5/11
to Padmini Raghavan, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Satish ji . Let us have a photo of the whole tree.
I brought one plant from Delhi. It survived for a few months and then died. I will get another one in the rains.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Satish Phadke

Mar 5, 2011, 7:57:33 AM3/5/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Anand ji
I would have also liked the full tree photograph. Somehow this tree is amidst many other tall full grown trees that it was difficult to get it clear in single view....and of course the limitation of the Canon macro lens which nowadays I carry has limitation of getting full shots like those with a 18-55 kit lens hmmm...So I thought I will rather catch some truly Makhan Katora leaves ..
Satish

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Mar 5, 2011, 8:04:22 AM3/5/11
to Satish Phadke, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Bose and choudhury from their experience have written that it is a medium sized tree and never grows very big. Is it true?
ak

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 5, 2011, 8:26:31 AM3/5/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Satish Phadke, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Dear Bhatt sir,
I have seen a tall tree of this but it was planted.
Btw just out of curiosity, has anyone seen the leaves being used for
some traditional purpose?
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Mahadeswara

Mar 5, 2011, 10:55:38 PM3/5/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Bhatt ji,
The Ficus Krishnae in Lalbagh Bangalore is a very big tree. I can
send the photograph when I visit Lalbagh next time.

On Mar 5, 6:04 pm, Anand Kumar Bhatt <anandkbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bose and choudhury from their experience have written that it is a medium
> sized tree and never grows very big. Is it true?
> ak
>

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anand ji
> > I would have also liked the full tree photograph. Somehow this tree is
> > amidst many other tall full grown trees that it was difficult to get it
> > clear in single view....and of course the limitation of the Canon macro lens
> > which nowadays I carry has limitation of getting full shots like those with
> > a 18-55 kit lens hmmm...So I thought I will rather catch some truly *Makhan
> > Katora* leaves ..
> > Satish
>
> > On 5 March 2011 13:24, Anand Kumar Bhatt <anandkbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Satish ji . Let us have a photo of the whole tree.
> >> I brought one plant from Delhi. It survived for a few months and then
> >> died. I will get another one in the rains.
> >> ak

> >> --
> >> Anand Kumar Bhatt
> >> A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
> >> Gwalior. 474 005.
> >> Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
> >> My blogsite is at:
> >>http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
> >> (A NEW BLOG HAS BEEN ADDED ON 29 jJanuary 2011.)
> >> And the photo site:
> >>www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
> >> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/>(NEW PHOTOS HAVE BEEN ADDED ON 24
> >> FEB 2011.)
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma, Patel, Shah,
> >> Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!
>
> --
> Anand Kumar Bhatt
> A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
> Gwalior. 474 005.
> Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
> My blogsite is at:http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
> (A NEW BLOG HAS BEEN ADDED ON 29 jJanuary 2011.)
> And the photo site:www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/>(NEW PHOTOS HAVE BEEN ADDED ON 24 FEB

Satish Chile

Mar 6, 2011, 7:07:00 AM3/6/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
There is a tree of The Ficus Krishnae in Dr.Hari Singh Gour University Sagar (M.P.) and also behind the circuit house in Seoni (M.P.).
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

hari lal

Mar 6, 2011, 10:45:15 AM3/6/11
to Satish Chile, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
it is also in bokaro park in jharkhand
hari shankar lal

manasikaran

Mar 16, 2011, 12:48:39 PM3/16/11
to hari lal, Satish Chile, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
There is one more tree of  Ficus krishnae in Mumbai in The BPT garden (also known as Sagar Upavan) at Colaba.
Regards
Manasi