Onagraceae member for I'd; Oenothera sp. ? -- YS_Mar21/01

Yogesh Sharma

Mar 23, 2021, 1:22:11 AM3/23/21
to efloraofindia
Respected members,

This is an interesting member of family Onagraceae, recorded from Rewari, Haryana. It could be any Oenothra sp. Please help to identify it.

Date of Photo - Feb., 2021
Place of Photo - Rewari, Haryana

Regards,
Yogesh Sharma
Onagraceae 3a.jpg
Onagraceae 2b.jpg

Yogesh Sharma

Mar 23, 2021, 1:23:33 AM3/23/21
to efloraofindia
Habit
Onagraceae 1.jpg

Yogesh Sharma

Mar 25, 2021, 1:03:36 PM3/25/21
to efloraofindia
Resurfacing again for identification.

Regards,
Yogesh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2021, 8:42:18 AM3/30/21
to efloraofindia, Yogesh Sharma
I think Oenothera affinis Cambess. as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Yogesh Sharma

Mar 30, 2021, 10:25:14 AM3/30/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot respected Garg sir, for your response.
I have visited across the links on the page provided by you and it does not seem a satisfactory match. Flower size is very smaller in my posted plant in comparison to that in the photos and description in the links provided. Although I'm not an expert, but according to me, flowers are not observed to vary in size to this extent, leaves usually vary in size. So, we have to research more about this plant and expert's advice is required.

Regards,
Yogesh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2021, 3:05:15 AM4/3/21
to efloraofindia, Yogesh Sharma
To me, the comparative size of flowers, leaves and fruit matches well with the images at the efi site link.
I think no other species as listed in various floras at Oenothera, comes close.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg