Hippeastrum puniceum & Hippeastrum reginae- difference

J.M. Garg

May 5, 2021, 8:16:59 AM5/5/21
to efloraofindia
There is confusion between the two. I could get the keys at Two new critically endangered species of Hippeastrum (Amaryllidaceae) from the Brazilian Cerrado
7.   Flowers generally campanulate; apex of the tepals salmon or  orange, rarely  pink, yellowish  to green adaxially at their base and forming a circular pattern at the throat ......H. puniceum (Fig. 6I)
–.   Flowers infundibuliform; apex of the tepals dark red to carmine, greenish white adaxially at the base with extensions to the middle of the limb ........H. reginae (Fig. 6J).

Both species are reported from India as per details at

Hippeastrum

Still it appears an uphill task to decipher it.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg