Fwd: Identification of these grasses/Sedges native to Maldives

J.M. Garg

Apr 7, 2022, 4:56:55 AM4/7/22
to efloraofindia, mathur....@gmail.com
Thanks, Ritu ji

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ritu Mathur <mathur....@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 14:09
Subject: Identification of these grasses/Sedges native to Maldives
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>, <sing...@gmail.com>

Dear Mr Garg and Mr Singh,
Need your help in identifying these three native grasses that grow in Maldives.
And It will be good to know if they can be used for cleaning water of Nirates, Nitrites, Phosphates and other impurities.

Will they work as an alternative to Vetiver and other reeds like Phragmites?

Thank you!
Warm regards,
Ritu

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 8, 2022, 12:22:08 AM4/8/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Manoj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Apr 12, 2022, 12:42:01 PM4/12/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr Garg,
I really need to get these species identified. please help me with the identification with their botanical names pls.
what i know is that one is or could be Cyperus Canescens and one is Pteris Interrupta.

Please can the lovely community here  confirm these and also identify the first one.

Thank you!
warm regards,
Ritu

J.M. Garg