Id Required for HP flora

Nudrat Sayed

Sep 30, 2009, 7:46:50 AM9/30/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I saw this plant growing along the roadside at an altitude of approximately 2000 mtrs.

The plant appears to be stalkless and the leaves are very glossy. Plz help me in identifying the plant.

Thanks

--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2009, 10:25:21 AM10/25/09
to indiantreepix, Nudrat, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh-sify

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

"Hello all,
The pictures attached along with this post are incorrect. I apologise
for the mistake. The plant in picture was seen growing at a place
called Naddi and my guess is that it belongs to Acanthaceae. Beyond
this i havent been able to identify it." from Nudrat ji.

118.jpg
119.jpg
120.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2009, 4:29:59 AM11/19/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Nudrat, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Swapna Prabhu
For me this appears to be a Verbenaceae member. Probably Verbena bonariensis, an exotic species.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Prashant awale

Nov 21, 2009, 2:21:50 AM11/21/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Nudrat, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Swapna Prabhu
Dear Friends,
This one looks like Verbena brasiliensis  of the family verbenaceae. I think almost similar plant was earlier posted by Shri Suresh Sharma ji from Sonepat.
Thanks & best wishes
Prashant

J.M. Garg