Flora Picture of the year- 2009- Mayur Nandikar

Mayur Nandikar

Dec 19, 2009, 9:09:06 AM12/19/09
to indiantreepix
Hi to all,
Abutilon ranadei Woodr. et. Stapf.
I dont think this has not been sent earlier on Indian treepix.
This Picture I would like to nominate as flora picture of the year 2009.
Abutilon ranadei Woodr. et. Stapf.
Family: Malvaceae.
Photograph taken at Amba Ghat- Kolhapur- Ratnagiri Road from its Type locality on 4th December 2009.
This plant is one of memorable in my life because of as i wrote earlier picture was taken from its type locality and another thing is I saw first time this plant in flowering (In Wild).
Abutilon ranadei Woodr. et. Stapf. is one of the critically endangered plant species of the Western Ghats in India. It is Endemic and restricted to four Districts of Maharashtra State.
Best Seen At:  Amba Ghat region.
This endangered species, named after N. B. Ranade, for many years keeper of the Herbarium at the College of Science, Pune, who died of the plague in 1897.
Conservation of this species is now initiate in various institutes.

Mayur Nandikar

Dec 19, 2009, 9:12:47 AM12/19/09
to indiantreepix
Thanx

Mayur Nandikar,
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,
Kolhapur.
PC045510.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 19, 2009, 9:30:26 AM12/19/09
to Mayur Nandikar, indiantreepix
Mayur ji
Really nice plant and the photograph! What an a nice arrangement of flower parts and the colour?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2009, 10:08:20 PM12/20/09
to Mayur Nandikar, indiantreepix
Marvellous!!!

2009/12/19 Mayur Nandikar <mayurn...@gmail.com>

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Satish Phadke

Dec 21, 2009, 8:22:20 AM12/21/09
to Mayur Nandikar, indiantreepix
Beautiful picture of a beautiful flower !!