Grewia species (?)

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2009, 8:12:35 AM7/5/09
to indiantreepix
Grewia species (?) in Keesaraguda near Hyderabad, AP on 21/6/09. Pl. help with the species Id.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Grewia species is it- Keesaraguda, AP I2 IMG_9104.jpg
Grewia species is it- Keesaraguda, AP I2 IMG_9106.jpg
Grewia species is it- Keesaraguda, AP I IMG_9108.jpg

Prashant awale

Jul 5, 2009, 11:35:24 AM7/5/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Garg Ji,

Could this be "Alangium salviifolium" .

best wishes
Prashant..

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2009, 1:04:47 PM7/5/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks, Prashant ji.
It is Alangium salviifolium only as per Forest Flora of A.P. (A. lamarckii is a syn. of Alangium salviifolium as per FOS):
http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/Flora%20by%20M%20Sharfuddin%20Khan/Botanical%20Names/Alangium%20lamarckii.htm

Flowers appears to be the few last ones left.
I have also verified it with various links in Indiantreepix Database as below:

Alangium salvifolium syn. A. lamarckii  Alangiaceae
Angol, Dhera, Akola, Alangi, Ankola, Sage-leaved alangium, Ankol, Ankula, Arinjl, Urgu, Ankolamara, Ankolah, Alandi  23/2/08- in Vedantangal Bird sanctuary, near Chennai, Tamil Nadu; near Himayat sagar lake, Aziz nagar, Hyderabad- March'09?; Santiniketan, March 17, 2009;  http://ayurvedicmedicinalplants.com/plants/110.html Alangium salvifolium - indiantreepix | Google Groups 270209 Is this Alangium salvifolium? - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Sage%20Leaved%20Alangium.html i.d. needed - indiantreepix | Google Groups

satish phadke

Jul 6, 2009, 11:38:17 AM7/6/09
to J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
What a lovely flower Garg ji !!
Dr Satish Phadke

2009/7/5 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Satish Phadke

Mar 25, 2010, 10:08:24 AM3/25/10
to J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Garg ji
I think this is Alangium salvifolium ssp.hexapetalum
The imp. features as per BSI Mah flora are
Scandant shrubs; stems with sharp straight and branched thorns at basal parts. Leaves oblanceolate apex acuminate, 3 nerved from base entire.
Flowers axillary solitary white, scented,pedicellate; pedicels and calyx tomentose; corolla curling inwards; connectives and styles prolonged, ovary hairy. Berries oblong. Drupes +_2cm long.
Please give me feedback.
All other photos posted on the group appear to be Alangium salvifolium(Syn.lamarkii) ssp.salvifolium
Regards
Dr Satish Phadke