SK 3837 12 August 2023

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:03:02 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
Dear Members,

Location: Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Date:0)8 July 2023
Altitude: 2657m.
Habitat : Wild
Same tree : https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/Cn6hVaPWrzQ/m/nVUN45LOAQAJ
Lauraceae ... ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC04987.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:03:14 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC04988.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:03:23 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
DSC04989.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:03:39 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
DSC04989.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:03:49 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC04990.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:04:19 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
DSC04992.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:04:36 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
DSC04993.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 8:11:26 AM8/12/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty
DSC04991.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Aug 12, 2023, 11:57:19 AM8/12/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,

I do not yet know the name of this Litsea. I need some time.

Regards,
Tapas

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 12, 2023, 12:57:23 PM8/12/23
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Tapas Da !

According to the latest checklist, following sp. matches to the elevation. L. cubeba, L. doshia, L. elongata, L. kingii and L. sericea.
We can opt out the  L. cubeba !

Saroj Kasaju

Tapas Chakrabarty

Aug 12, 2023, 3:19:35 PM8/12/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you Saroj ji, for the information which I am saving. My studies on Litsea is in initial stage only. I will reveal everything in due course.

My last desire at this age is to publish a book on Indo-Burmese Lauraceae which is nearing completion. At this stage I need full support of the group for as many field photographs of Lauraceae as possible.

With regards,
Tapas Chakrabarty.

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2023, 6:00:54 AM8/22/23
to Saroj Kasaju, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
After checking all these species in POWO and GBIF, I feel it appears close to specimens of Litsea kingii in GBIF (specimen one and two). Alos see
https://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:465764-1
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=242423946
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 22, 2023, 11:15:46 AM8/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:20:00 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
Dear Tapas Da,

I am posting some images of the same tree shot at different times and hope that it matches with
Litsea kingii Hook.fil. Please advise.
Shot on 11 march 2023 !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC02761.JPG 11 Mar 23.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:20:21 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
Shot on 11 march 2023 !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC02762.JPG 11 Mar 23.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:21:11 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
Shot on 26 August 2023
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC05344.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:21:28 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
DSC05345.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:21:57 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
Shot on 19 December 2023
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0761.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:22:11 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
DSC_0762.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:22:39 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
DSC_0763.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:22:42 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0764.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 5:23:05 AM12/22/23
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraindia
DSC_0765.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Dec 22, 2023, 7:42:32 AM12/22/23
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Me out of station at present. I can comment after a few days only.

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 22, 2023, 7:57:36 AM12/22/23
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
OK Tapas Da !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 23, 2023, 1:20:54 AM12/23/23
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0773.JPG

J.M. Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Dec 31, 2023, 10:20:01 AM12/31/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
I am sorry for the very delayed reply.

Yes, this is Litsea kingii Hook.f.

Regards,
Tapas

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 31, 2023, 12:04:39 PM12/31/23
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Thank you Tapas Da !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:22:23 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Flowering images finally today (06 April 2024)

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0295.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:22:43 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0296.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:22:51 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0301.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:23:05 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
DSC_0297.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:23:42 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
DSC_0298.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:24:00 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0299.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2024, 11:24:16 AMApr 6
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
DSC_0300.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 7, 2024, 1:02:31 AMApr 7
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Magnificent photography of Litsea kingii in full bloom.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 7, 2024, 2:08:57 AMApr 7
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank  you Tapas Da!

Saroj Kasaju