3 pictures for you

Yazdy Palia

Jun 26, 2010, 1:42:58 PM6/26/10
to indiantreepix
Hello Friends, could someone identify the mushrooms above please?
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN2965.TIF
DSCN2966.TIF
DSCN2967.TIF

DSCN2965.jpg
DSCN2966.jpg
DSCN2967.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 26, 2010, 4:13:51 PM6/26/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix

Dear Yazdy Ji,

The white colour Mushroom:

Pleurocybella porrigens

Synonyms

Phyllotus porrigens, Nothopanus porrigens, Pleurotellus porrigens, Pleurotus porrigens

Family

Tricholomataceae or Pleurotaceae

Brown colour Mushroom seen in IMAGE DSCN2965.jpg:

Psathyrella hydrophila (Fries) Maire
Common name:  Clustered Psathyrella.
Phylum:   Basidiomycota
Order:   Agaricales
Family:   Coprinaceae
Occurrence on wood substrate:  Saprobic; in dense cespitose
clusters on decaying deciduous stumps and logs, at the base of
trees or stumps, or on buried wood.
Dimensions:  Caps 2.5-5 cm wide; stipes 2.5-15 cm long and
2-5 mm thick.
Cap:  Moist; dark brownish at first, fading to honey-brown or
tan.
Gills: Attached; buff, becoming brown to purple-brown.
Spore print: Purple-brown.
Stipe: Whitish.
Veil: Delicate, not leaving a ring.
Edibility: Unknown.
Comments: Examine Bessette to note differences between this
species and similar P. septentrionalis.

Regards

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Yazdy Palia

Jun 30, 2010, 6:55:37 AM6/30/10
to indiantreepix
Date & Time 30 June 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad, Kerala, India.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.

Dear Friends,
Could someone identify and let me have the botanical name of this
mushroom please?
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN3038.TIF
DSCN3039.TIF
DSCN3040.TIF

DSCN3038.jpg
DSCN3039.jpg
DSCN3040.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 30, 2010, 11:40:05 AM6/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdy Ji,
I believe this is Lepiota cristata
Regards
Tanay

nabha meghani

Jun 30, 2010, 12:04:52 PM6/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Hallo Yazdi ji,
did the mushroom have a strange smell.
What was the root like?
Regards
Nalini

mani nair

Jun 30, 2010, 12:58:47 PM6/30/10
to nabha meghani, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdyji, Is this mashroom edible variety?

Regards,

Mani.

Yazdy Palia

Jun 30, 2010, 1:00:38 PM6/30/10
to nabha meghani, indiantreepix
Dear Nalini ji,
I did not notice any smell. The root could not bee noticed as it had
started rotting. It must have sprouted at least by yesterday.
Regards
Yazdy.

JM Garg

Apr 19, 2020, 3:34:22 AM4/19/20
to efloraofindia, Suhaib Yatoo, Yazdy Palia, Ashutosh Sharma, Saroj Kasaju
It may not be Lepiota cristata as per
DSCN3038.jpg
DSCN3039.jpg
DSCN3040.jpg