wildflowers of Tawang

Padmanabhan Geetha

Oct 14, 2009, 3:07:40 PM10/14/09
to indiantreepix
Hello everyone

I Wish all of you a Happy and Safe Dwali.
Invite you to join my excitement and joy of having seen these lovely flowers. These photos were taken during my recent visit to Tawang. i have  put in the ids of flowers i recognise/or were suggested . Some i do not know and if you do, would be grateful for your input. As also please feel free to correct if bychance something has been wrongly identified..

Best wishes
Geetha Iyer

Subject: Invitation to view gi's Picasa Web Album - Wild flowers of Tawang
You are invited to view gi's photo album: Wild flowers of Tawang
Wild flowers of Tawang
Sep 28, 2009
by gi

If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=scopsowl&target=ALBUM&id=5386322082022265233&authkey=Gv1sRgCNndre_H46CqjgE&invite=CPHBsMgF&feat=email
To share your photos or receive notification when your friends share photos, get your own free Picasa Web Albums account.

--
Geetha Iyer
Suchindrum -629704

picasaweblogo-en_US.gif
email.jpg

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 14, 2009, 3:25:08 PM10/14/09
to indiantreepix

There are two orchids in ur link among others.

One which is labelled as Bistorta sp is Satyrium nepalense
Second labelled as Enroute Bhalukpong (pink flowers) is Anthogonium
gracile.

Tabish

Oct 14, 2009, 5:10:30 PM10/14/09
to indiantreepix
Wow Geetha, what a treat! You got a rich harvest of Himalayan
flowers.
The Aconitum is Aconitum hookerii
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Hooker%27s%20Monkshood.html
The spike of light blue flowers, Enroute Bhalukpong, should be
Rhynchoglossum obliquum
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Small%20Flowered%20Rhynchoglossum.html
The Geranium looks like Geranium procurrens
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Trailing%20Geranium.html
Flower labelled Melastoma sp. should be Bristletips (Oxyspora
paniculata)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Bristletips.html
The bigger flower "Melastoma sp." should be Osbeckia stellata
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Starry%20Osbeckia.html
The white flower with beautiful blue anthers, in the second row,
should be Nepal Geranium (Geranium nepalense)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nepal%20Geranium.html
The first flowers marked "Near Zhemithang" looks like Seguin's Lobelia
(Lobelia seguinii)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Seguin%27s%20Lobelia.html
The flower marked "Near Zhemithang", just before the pic of the
rosette of leaves, is Halenia elliptica
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Spurred%20Gentian.html
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Oct 15, 12:07 am, Padmanabhan Geetha <iye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I Wish all of you a Happy and Safe Dwali.
> Invite you to join my excitement and joy of having seen these lovely
> flowers. These photos were taken during my recent visit to Tawang. i have
> put in the ids of flowers i recognise/or were suggested . Some i do not know
> and if you do, would be grateful for your input. As also please feel free to
> correct if bychance something has been wrongly identified..
>
> Best wishes
> Geetha Iyer
> Subject: Invitation to view gi's Picasa Web Album - Wild flowers of Tawang
>   You are invited to view gi's photo album: Wild flowers of
> Tawang<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=scopsowl&target=ALBUM&id=...>
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=scopsowl&target=ALBUM&id=...>
>  Wild flowers of Tawang
> Sep 28, 2009
> by *gi*
>  View Album<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=scopsowl&target=ALBUM&id=...>
> Play slideshow<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=scopsowl&target=ALBUM&id=...>
>
>  If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following
> into your browser:http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=scopsowl&target=ALBUM&id=...
> To share your photos or receive notification when your friends share photos,
> get your own free Picasa Web Albums account <http://picasaweb.google.com>.
>   <http://picasaweb.google.com>
>
> --
> Geetha Iyer
> Suchindrum -629704
> Kanyakumari dist., Tamil Nadu.
> India.
> scops...@gmail.com
>
>  picasaweblogo-en_US.gif
> 3KViewDownload
>
>  email.jpg
> 6KViewDownload

Tabish

Oct 14, 2009, 6:02:14 PM10/14/09
to indiantreepix
Flower labelled "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA" looks like Nepal Dock (Rumex
nepalensis)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nepal%20Dock.html
The violet flower, "At Bhalukpong", should be Barleria cristata
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Philippine%20Violet.html
The flower labelled "Hedychium sp - Zingiberaceae family" should be
Spiked Ginger Lily (Hedychium spicatum)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Spiked%20Ginger%20Lily.html
The flower labelled "Near Tezpur" should be Crepe Ginger (Costus
speciosus)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Crepe%20Ginger.html
The flower labelled "Enroute Lumla" looks like a Sedum species