Spondias Mangifera

raghu ananth

May 31, 2010, 11:24:01 AM5/31/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Spondias Mangifera, Fam: Anacardiaceae
Amate Kai, {Kannada]

Old and a huge tree, still fruiting in hundreds,  (Actual fruiting season  Dec - Feb).
Green fallen fruits are probably due to the fierce winds from the previous night
Leaves imparapinnate, 6cm, leaflet - 45 cm, height 45 feet, girth - between 2.0 to 2.5 meters approx
Fruits are sold  in the town. I bought them from a villager by paying 20/- per K.G.

Habitat: dry lands, close to irrigation channel

Manugana halli, Krishnaraja nagar Taluq, Mysore dist.
11 May2010

Regards
Raghu

DSC_2541Leaf2.jpg
DSC_2550b.jpg
DSC_2554FruitsHanging.jpg
DSC_2555Leaf1.jpg
DSC_2543Trunk.jpg
DSC_2549b.jpg
DSC_2547FallenFruits.jpg

tanay bose

May 31, 2010, 11:30:21 AM5/31/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good collection of photos we in bengali call it " BILATI AMRA"
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)