Plant for ID SMP2 13/05/2011

24 views
Skip to first unread message

Satish Phadke

unread,
May 13, 2011, 11:17:45 AM5/13/11
to indiantreepix
For ID
A medium sized tree observed in Botanical garden of Pune University in March 2011.
On gross observation appears like Karnj(Pongamia) tree and the inflorescence looks like that of Mango tree but it is not.
Some Anacardiaceae member?
Dr Phadke
_MG_1253s.jpg
_MG_1247s.jpg
_MG_1250s.jpg

Yazdy Palia

unread,
May 13, 2011, 4:39:52 PM5/13/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
If the undersides of the leaf is greyish or off white, it could be
venteak. Is the bark smooth?
Attaching a picture of Venteak branch showing flower buds with a
couple of leaves showing the top side and the rest with the bottom
side of the leaves.
Regards
Yazdy.
IMG_6258.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Jun 11, 2011, 7:04:13 AM6/11/11
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, Yazdy Palia, Mahadeswara, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Yazdy ji...............................................f the undersides of the leaf is greyish or off white, it could be
venteak. Is the bark smooth? Attaching a picture of Venteak branch showing flower buds with a
couple of leaves showing the top side and the rest with the bottom 
side of the leaves.


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 
_MG_1253s.jpg
_MG_1247s.jpg
_MG_1250s.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 7, 2011, 8:31:14 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia, le...@rediffmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, ajinky...@gmail.com, agasti...@yahoo.co.in, aparna...@gmail.com, raani...@gmail.com, neha.v...@gmail.com, rahu...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, mohina...@gmail.com, satish...@yahoo.com, Madhuri Raut, Yazdy Palia

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“If the undersides of the leaf is greyish or off white, it could be  venteak. Is the bark smooth?


Attaching a picture of Venteak branch showing flower buds with a couple of leaves showing the top side and the rest with the bottom
side of the leaves.

Regards
Yazdy.”



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com>
Date: 13 May 2011 20:47
Subject: [efloraofindia:69425] Plant for ID SMP2 13/05/2011
To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>





--
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

_MG_1253s.jpg
_MG_1247s.jpg
_MG_1250s.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

unread,
Sep 7, 2011, 8:41:06 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
Clausena indica of Rutaceae. Regards, Shrikant

On Sep 7, 5:31 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “If the undersides of the leaf is greyish or off white, it could be
> venteak. Is the bark smooth?
> Attaching a picture of Venteak branch showing flower buds with a couple of
> leaves showing the top side and the rest with the bottom
> side of the leaves.
> Regards
> Yazdy.”
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>
> Date: 13 May 2011 20:47
> Subject: [efloraofindia:69425] Plant for ID SMP2 13/05/2011
> To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For ID
> A medium sized tree observed in Botanical garden of Pune University in March
> 2011.
> On gross observation appears like Karnj(Pongamia) tree and the inflorescence
> looks like that of Mango tree but it is not.
> Some Anacardiaceae member?
> Dr Phadke
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1700 members &
> 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website:https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(with a species database
> of around 5500 species)
>
>
>
>  _MG_1253s.jpg
> 110KViewDownload
>
>  _MG_1247s.jpg
> 147KViewDownload
>
>  _MG_1250s.jpg
> 156KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages