White flower with round fruit(Samir Takaochi)

Samir Takaochi

Mar 1, 2009, 12:09:58 AM3/1/09
to indiantreepix
Hello frineds, Could someone advice me for ID?

Place: Chennnai
Flower diameter::1.5-2cm
Height:4m

Thank you always for you kind advice.

flower.jpg
fruit.jpg
bark.jpg
leaves.jpg

JANAKI TURAGA

Mar 1, 2009, 12:24:58 AM3/1/09
to treepix Indian

Oops! to the group now
Mar 1, 2009, 1:06:51 AM3/1/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Dear Mr. Takaochi,
To me it looks like the tree of the fruit Ramphal (Persimmon) or Sharon Fruit.
Please go through the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_fruit
http://www.ayushveda.com/womens-magazine/health-benefits-of-sharon/
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Samir Takaochi

Mar 1, 2009, 1:25:33 AM3/1/09
to indiantreepix
Yazdy ji, Janak ji, thank you so much for your kind reply!

Actually fruite size is 1cm approx so i think it might not be Ramphal (Persimmon) or Sharon Fruit.

Regarding Toona ciliata, flower looks different from photo.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/samvisham/archives/65016731.html

Fruit is similar to many species but flower looks like unique along with leaf shape.

I wait for other' opinion.

flower.jpg
fruit.jpg
bark.jpg
leaves.jpg

JANAKI TURAGA

Mar 1, 2009, 1:46:18 AM3/1/09
to Samir Takaochi, treepix Indian
This flower is 6 petaled, while the Tun flower is 5 petaled.
was this a single flower?

Dinesh Valke

Mar 1, 2009, 1:46:45 AM3/1/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
It is Muntingia calabura.
Now in full bloom at IndiaTreePix !!!

Regards.

Padmanabhan Geetha

Mar 1, 2009, 3:31:13 AM3/1/09
to Dinesh Valke, Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
 Full bloom indeed Dinesh ji :)  Samir ji, i  had very recently posted the same. So had Mr.Thirvengadam a few days ago.It is the Singapore cherry tree - Muntingia calabura
cheers
geetha

Samir Takaochi

Mar 1, 2009, 9:58:24 PM3/1/09
to Padmanabhan Geetha, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji Padmanabhan ji, thank you very much for information! I confirmed it on web.

Thank you always for your kind reply!

satish phadke

Mar 2, 2009, 8:29:38 AM3/2/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Mutingia calabura. Singapore cherry
Family:Elaeocarpaceae or Mutingiaceae
This plant is so naturalised here(at least in Pune Maharashtra) that it has practically become one of the commonest trees found in cities.It is growing in weed like proportions. The reason probably is the sweet berries liked by many birds and secondly it flowers almost throughout the year. Birds are responsible for seed propogation and you can observe many trees growing on roadside, in open spaces, near river beds etc. naturally. In fact few of my friends have planted these in their gardens for attracting birds. Even though it is non native still I don't see any hazards due to growth of this tree.
satish

2009/3/1 Samir Takaochi <band...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com