Solanum mauritianum Scop. [Solanaceae]

Muthu Karthick

Mar 21, 2011, 8:02:53 AM3/21/11
to indiantreepix
Name: Solanum mauritianum Scop.
Family: Solanaceae
Common name: Bug Tree
Native of Tropical Africa

Location: Ooty town, Nilgiris, TN
Altitude: 2000 -2200 ASL
Date: 24 Jan 2011

Dear all,
Is this id right, or could this be some other species?

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Muthu Karthick

Mar 21, 2011, 8:05:04 AM3/21/11
to indiantreepix
Name: Solanum mauritianum Scop.
Family: Solanaceae
Common name: Bug Tree, Wild tobacco bush

Date: 24 Jan 2011

Dear all,
Is this id right, or could this be some other?
c 151.jpg
c 152.jpg
c 153.jpg
c 154.jpg
c 155.jpg
IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 21, 2011, 8:40:30 AM3/21/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Thanks Muthu ji for uploading this  interesting species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rashida Atthar

Mar 21, 2011, 10:54:25 AM3/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Very nice pictures, thanks Muthu ji.

regards,
Rashida.

Muthu Karthick

Mar 22, 2011, 3:43:38 AM3/22/11
to Rashida Atthar, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Many Thanks Singhji and Rashidaji.

Dinesh Valke

Nov 19, 2011, 3:04:56 PM11/19/11
to Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Muthu ji ... could there be a chance of Solanum giganteum ?
Ref: http://www.archive.org/stream/floraofnilgiripu03fyso/floraofnilgiripu03fyso_djvu.txt
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Nov 20, 2011, 7:33:11 AM11/20/11
to Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Muthu, it must be without doubt Solanum mauritianum, and not Solanum giganteum.
Got carried away with the reference material at Ref: http://www.archive.org/stream/floraofnilgiripu03fyso/floraofnilgiripu03fyso_djvu.txt.

Many thanks for all your posts of Ooty flora.
It helped me get quick IDs.

Regards.
Dinesh

Muthu Karthick

Nov 23, 2011, 10:32:14 AM11/23/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thank you very much Dineshji, Ooty plants are elegant to photography. I am having still more pictures and will share on our forum sooner, once I will be back from field.