SK 3377 30 March 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:04:35 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Bhaskar Adhikari
Dear Members,

Location: National History Museum, London
Altitude: 10m.
Date: 27 March 2022
Habit : Cultivated
Berberis ... ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_2378.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:05:11 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Bhaskar Adhikari

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 1:04 PM Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2381.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:05:30 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Bhaskar Adhikari
DSC_2382.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2022, 8:45:25 PM3/30/22
to Alastair Culham, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, Bhaskar Adhikari
Thanks a lot, Alastair ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Thu, 31 Mar, 2022, 3:36 am Alastair Culham, <a.cu...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

Probably Berberis darwinii.

Alastair

School Director of Academic Tutoring

Dr Alastair Culham

Health and Life Sciences Building, School of Biological Sciences

University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6EX, U.K.

Associate Professor of Botany, Curator, Reading University Herbarium (RNG)

University Teaching Fellow, Associate Editor, Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society

Staff working conditions are student learning conditions.

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 31, 2022, 3:46:35 AM3/31/22
to efloraofindia
I agree Berberis sp.
However it is definitely not  Berberis darwinii...one I have grown and is very common locally
Which has tiny , angular leaves, that resemble holly and  orange flowers on clusters...see my images.

I have been trying to work out which one mystery one is, as we grow many different ones in UK.
I am not positive which one  it is.....maybe Berberis candidula?
Evergreen, With long thorns, sparce  pale yellow  flowers and leaves that have a few prickles on the margin./pointed tip

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 31, 2022, 4:23:44 AM3/31/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg

Berberis candidula
C.K.Schneid. seems to be a close one !

Thank you Ms. Sadd !

Saroj Kasaju