Suggestions regarding a new variety

Madhusudhan Khanal

Jun 16, 2022, 8:57:44 AM6/16/22
to efloraofindia
Respected experts, we have found around 5 white flowered specimen of a plant that resambles a plant (Didymocarpus punduanus Wall. ex R.Br.
var. pulchrus (C.B.Clarke) Su.Datta & B.K.Sinha ) reported from Sikkim. Most of the plant characters are similar except the flower colour and sparsely pubescent leaves.
Location- South Sikkim
2500-3000m elevation
Habit- herb, epiphyte
Attaching the picture of the plant from natural habitat. Kindly give your valuable consent. Thank you.

Regards,
Madhusudhan Khanal

IMG_20220615_144401.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 16, 2022, 9:22:50 AM6/16/22
to efloraofindia
Flower colour and hairiness are not prominent characters Madhusudhan JI,
those are will change based on Habitat,

Flower under shade -White
Flower in sunlight-red, blue, Pink all these colours will form in sunlight,

Hairyness-in deciduous where the plant exposing to sunlight,
Under the shade, plants are without hairs in the same species

Within species, I have observed all these type of characters.

With regards.

Madhusudhan Khanal

Jun 16, 2022, 10:07:58 AM6/16/22
to efloraofindia
Thank you for the clarification sir.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 16, 2022, 10:12:40 AM6/16/22
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2022, 12:58:37 AM6/27/22
to efloraofindia, Madhusudhan Khanal
Yes, appears close as per GBIF specimen from India.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_20220615_144401.jpg