Campsis radicans from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 27, 2010, 10:39:06 PM7/27/10
to efloraofindia
Campsis radicans from Kashmir, the species also commonly grown in Kashmir along walls has smaller flowers (upto 4 cm across) but with much longer corolla tube (6-8 cm long) and shallowly parted calyx. Photographed from Baramula on June 24, 2010.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Campsis-radicans-Kashmir-a.jpg
Campsis-radicans-Kashmir-b.jpg
Campsis-radicans-Kashmir-c.jpg
Campsis-radicans-Kashmir-d.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 27, 2010, 11:46:45 PM7/27/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Great shots!!
thanks for sharing the pictures really help to different between species.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 22, 2010, 3:56:30 PM10/22/10
to tanay bose, Flowers of India, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
After having found this typical specimen of Campsis radicans from Kashmir with distinct flowers having longer corolla tube (6-8 cm long), calyx tube with much shorter teeth, corolla tube at least three times longer than calyx tube, corolla limb about 5 cm across, and importantly leaflets 9-11 in number, I was satisfied to identify my another Kashmir plant with broader flowers and shorter tube with C. grandiflora. I had also to rethink the identity of of our common Delhi Campsis (earlier thought to be C. radicans by me and also uploaded on FOI as C. radicans). I will give my views on these in separate posts.