¿ Rhamphicarpa longiflora ?

1 view

Dinesh Valke

Aug 31, 2009, 10:57:37 AM8/31/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Hello friends,

Would like to know whether this plant is Rhamphicarpa longiflora

Place: Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)
Date: 30 AUG 09

The query because: the flower petals seemed relatively too small (about 4 - 5 mm across) compared to what I had seen at Kas plateau (about 30 - 40 mm)

Regards.

P1030214.jpg
P1030206.jpg

Neil Soares

Aug 31, 2009, 12:23:59 PM8/31/09
to Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke
Affirmitive Dinesh,
             Regards,
               Neil.

--- On Mon, 8/31/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00

Prashant awale

Sep 1, 2009, 4:41:05 AM9/1/09
to Neil Soares, Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke
Dear Dinesh, Neil

In marathi we call it "Tutari". I had seen these flowers opening only in the evening around 1800 hrs.

best wishes
Prashant

Satish Phadke

Sep 1, 2009, 9:06:10 AM9/1/09
to Prashant awale, Neil Soares, Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke
This is a typical late monsoon flora plant. Its long corolla tube is characteristic.
Dr Phadke

2009/9/1 Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Rhamphicarpa longiflora.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 19, 2009, 7:55:09 AM9/19/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Hello friends, I want to make sure whether the attached photos are of Rhamphicarpa longiflora.
Last time's (30 SUG 09, at Yeoor Hills), the flowers were hardly 4 - 5 mm
This time: 5 cm across!

Regards.
P1040753.jpg
P1040751.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 19, 2009, 9:42:53 AM9/19/09
to Indian Tree Pix
P1040753.jpg
P1040751.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 12, 2009, 5:26:35 AM10/12/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Further feedback from Dinesh ji in another thread:
"Dear friends, please ignore the request for ID.
During today's walk, I came across such flower once again at Yeoor Hills.
This time I went into the thicket to find the plant to which the flower belongs ... the flower just fell off ... it had already lost its glory !!
And it turned out to be Thunbergia fragrans
... sweet clock-vine, white lady • Hindi: चिमीन chimine • Kannada: ಇಮ್ದ್ರಪುಷ್ಪ indrapushpa • Malayalam: noorvan-valli • Marathi: चिमीन chimine • Tamil: இந்திரன்புட்பம் inthiraanputpam"

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Satish Phadke

Oct 12, 2009, 11:57:03 AM10/12/09
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Dinesh ji had sent two sets of flowers shot at different times.
The first set looks like Rhampicarpa longiflora, while the second set in the same thread appears to be Thunbergia fragrans according to him.

2009/10/12 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dinesh Valke

Oct 12, 2009, 12:19:25 PM10/12/09
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, Indian Tree Pix
Rightly said, Satish ji.
Please ignore the latter set of two photos ... they are of Thunbergia fragrans.

Regards.