Jasminum sambac

Rashida Atthar

Jun 1, 2010, 12:22:30 AM6/1/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Here's some food for thought Tanay ji, why are these pics of Jasminum sambac looking slightly different from what Ajinkya ji recently posted. These are from Shahpur, Mah, seen in the last week of March, '10.

regards,
Rashida.
Jasminum sambac 1.JPG
Jasminum sambac 2.JPG
Jasminum sambac 3.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 1, 2010, 12:25:10 AM6/1/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida ji
This species is very much in cultivation and there are many cultivars, looking different. They many a times both amuse and confuse me also.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rashida Atthar

Jun 1, 2010, 12:28:08 AM6/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the clarification Sir.

regards,
Rashida.

Rashida Atthar

Jun 1, 2010, 12:41:20 AM6/1/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Tanay ji.

regards,
Rashida.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes Rashida Ji, Sir ji is right this is a cultivar there are many cultivars of Mogra around the world I dont know the particular name of this cultivar but on google search i seen many photos of Mogra with such flowers
Tanay

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 12:44:48 AM6/1/10
to Rashida Atthar, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Rashida ji
Tanay

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 12:35:14 AM6/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Rashida Ji, Sir ji is right this is a cultivar there are many cultivars of Mogra around the world I dont know the particular name of this cultivar but on google search i seen many photos of Mogra with such flowers
Tanay

mani nair

Jun 1, 2010, 12:59:29 AM6/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I got the Jasminum - ditto last picture.   It flowers during the summer and very fragrant.
First one also I have seen and do  not know whether they are same or different.
Regards,

Mani.

Rashida Atthar

Jun 1, 2010, 1:07:54 AM6/1/10
to mani nair, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Mani ji they may be the same  because all  my pics are from the same one plant only.

regards,
Rashida.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jun 1, 2010, 2:35:05 AM6/1/10
to Rashida Atthar, mani nair, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good that you have clarified. I thought that 1 and 3 are from different plants. I also attempted a blog on Jasmines:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com/2009/06/jasmine-in-india.html

Satyendra saw a creeper which is also J. sambaca as the flowers of bush and creeper are the same. I also have a whole row of J. sambac laden with flowers. (All the photographs of motia and one of mogra in the blog are from my garden). And I have at least one plant which is more in the nature of creeper than bush.
ak
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
My blogsite is at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
(A new blogs has been added on 30 May 10.)
And the photo site:
www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma, Patel, Shah, Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!