Beautiful Plant for Id

Balkar Arya

Jun 11, 2010, 12:36:14 PM6/11/10
to indiantreepix
Dear All
find attached photo Taken BY My friend  Dr Nidhan Singh for id
At present i dont have much details

Regards
--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 11, 2010, 12:54:37 PM6/11/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Balkar ji
Not Delphinium, which has only one spur. It has five spurs and as such is an  Aquilegia species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Jun 11, 2010, 1:03:26 PM6/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks for the correction Gurcharan Ji

regards

mani nair

Jun 11, 2010, 1:03:35 PM6/11/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear Balkarji, it is Aquilegia formosa.   I have  photographed this  flower at Srinagar last year.   It is a beautiful flower.   I am sending the photo of the flower taken by me in Srinagar.

Regards,

Mani.

kashmirflow.jpg

Balkar Arya

Jun 11, 2010, 1:11:15 PM6/11/10
to mani nair, indiantreepix
Thanks Mani Ji for Nice photo

Prashant awale

Jun 11, 2010, 1:43:58 PM6/11/10
to mani nair, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Fantastic photo Mani ji. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Jun 11, 2010, 2:15:33 PM6/11/10
to Prashant awale, mani nair, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Really Nice photos from Balkar Ji and mani ji the plant is undoubtedly Aquilegia formosa
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

mani nair

Jun 11, 2010, 10:11:02 PM6/11/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Thanks all for the compliments.

Regards,

Mani.

Rashida Atthar

Jun 12, 2010, 12:33:46 AM6/12/10
to mani nair, tanay bose, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Thanks Balkar ji and Mani ji for showing this beautiful, unusual flower.

regards,
Rashida.

mani nair

Jun 12, 2010, 3:43:28 AM6/12/10
to Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Rashidaji, you are welcome,  here is one more in different color shot at the same garden.

Regards,

Mani.
kashmirflow2.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Jun 12, 2010, 7:15:02 AM6/12/10
to mani nair, tanay bose, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
This too is equally beautiful, thanks for sharing.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Jun 12, 2010, 7:43:23 AM6/12/10
to Rashida Atthar, mani nair, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
This one is also as beautiful as the previous !!
Tanay

mani nair

Jun 12, 2010, 10:11:29 AM6/12/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Thanks Rashidaji and Tanayji.  Is it possible to grow this plant in Mumbai?

Mani.

tanay bose

Jun 12, 2010, 10:59:42 AM6/12/10
to mani nair, Rashida Atthar, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
I think NO under normal climatic condition !!
Tanay

nabha meghani

Jun 14, 2010, 10:48:58 AM6/14/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hall friends,
here some more varieties of Akelei / Aquilegia from my garden
Regards
Nalini
Akelei-100_6791.jpg
Akelei-100_6794.jpg
Akelei-100_6843.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 14, 2010, 10:52:02 AM6/14/10
to nabha meghani, indian...@googlegroups.com
Are u sure Meghani ji this is Aquilegia formosa !!!
Tanay

nabha meghani

Jun 14, 2010, 11:15:17 AM6/14/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tanayji,

i am sure, it is NOT Aquilegia formosa
but it is another variety of sp. Aquilegia  (Akelei in German)
Nalini

mani nair

Jun 14, 2010, 11:23:41 AM6/14/10
to nabha meghani, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nabhaji, very beautiful flowers,  especially the pink one.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Mani.

JM Garg

Apr 16, 2022, 10:52:57 AM4/16/22
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
This appears close to images at Aquilegia coerulea James
Delphinium11.jpg

JM Garg

Apr 16, 2022, 10:53:33 AM4/16/22
to mani nair, efloraofindia
This appears close to images at Aquilegia coerulea James

kashmirflow.jpg

JM Garg

Apr 16, 2022, 10:54:02 AM4/16/22
to mani nair, efloraofindia
This appears close to images at Aquilegia coerulea James