Butea monospermia(palash)flowering

vinod kumar gupta

Apr 12, 2009, 4:34:06 AM4/12/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Was lucky to get a close up of the flowers at nehru park last sunday

Vinod

Butea monospermia_nehru park_19_50409.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Apr 12, 2009, 8:19:13 AM4/12/09
to vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
this is Beautia monosperma flowers
marathi name (palash)

satish phadke

Apr 12, 2009, 2:04:24 PM4/12/09
to vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice beautiful shades.
Quite late flowering in North India it seems.
Presently in Pune Maharashtra; all palsh trees are showing silky silvery greenish pods with characteristic single seed.
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Butea pod.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 12, 2009, 10:20:17 PM4/12/09
to satish phadke, vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Satish ji,
While collecting flowering data on Indiantreepix, I have observed that for the same plant, flowering first starts from South, than to Central India etc. & finally in the Northern parts of India. Is it because summer starts early in south compared to North (as I observed while being at Hyderabad this year)?

rashida atthar

Apr 13, 2009, 12:39:23 AM4/13/09
to jmg...@gmail.com, phadke...@gmail.com, vkgupt...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this analysis and observation. One finds several minor  variations from book to book in the fruiting and flowering months mentioned of the same species, which again varies from the time we see the same species fruiting or flowering.  This probably is due to the place and season of observation.

regards,

Rashida Atthar

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:50:17 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:10605] Re: Butea monospermia(palash)flowering