Tree Radhangar Beach, Havelock Island, Andamans

8 views
Skip to first unread message

katarina stenman

unread,
Jan 30, 2011, 1:27:35 PM1/30/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Photo from 2011-01-07. Radnahgar Beach (Beach no 7), Havelock Island, Andaman Islands
Small tree with orange flowers.
Name?

Katarina Stenman
Sweden

P1130354-orange-fix.jpg
P1130355-orange-fix-2.jpg

ajinkya gadave

unread,
Jan 30, 2011, 10:22:31 PM1/30/11
to katarina stenman, indian...@googlegroups.com
cordia subcordata
sea trumpet

Mahadeswara

unread,
Jan 30, 2011, 11:39:49 PM1/30/11
to efloraofindia
Yes. Cordia species, mostly P. subcordata

On Jan 30, 11:27 pm, katarina stenman <katarina.sten...@emg.umu.se>
wrote:
>  P1130354-orange-fix.jpg
> 546KViewDownload
>
>  P1130355-orange-fix-2.jpg
> 704KViewDownload

Mayur Nandikar

unread,
Jan 31, 2011, 12:46:14 AM1/31/11
to katarina stenman, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello 
Its Cordia for sure my view is more close to 

Cordia sebestena http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordia_sebestena


On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM, katarina stenman <katarina...@emg.umu.se> wrote:



--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,
Kolhapur.

Muthu Karthick

unread,
Jan 31, 2011, 12:50:45 AM1/31/11
to Mayur Nandikar, katarina stenman, indian...@googlegroups.com
Mayurji, the posted tree have no coriacious (leathery) leaves unlike C.sebestena.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Katarina

unread,
Jan 31, 2011, 2:41:51 AM1/31/11
to efloraofindia
Quick websearch gives that C.sebestiana is an American plant.
/Katarina

On 31 Jan, 06:50, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mayurji, the posted tree have no coriacious (leathery) leaves unlike *
> C.sebestena*.
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Mayur Nandikar <mayurnandi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Hello
> > Its *Cordia* for sure my view is more close to  *Cordia sebestena *
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordia_sebestena
> > On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM, katarina stenman <
> > katarina.sten...@emg.umu.se> wrote:
>
> >> Photo from 2011-01-07. Radnahgar Beach (Beach no 7), Havelock Island,
> >> Andaman Islands
> >> Small tree with orange flowers.
> >> Name?
>
> >> Katarina Stenman
> >> Sweden
>
> > --
> > Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
> > Research Student,
> > Department of Botany,
> > Shivaji University,
> > Kolhapur.
>
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061
> Mob: 09626833911www.careearthtrust.org- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

J.M. Garg

unread,
May 16, 2011, 1:00:16 AM5/16/11
to efloraofindia, katarina stenman, ajinkya gadave, Mahadeswara Swamy, Mayur Nandikar, Muthu Karthick, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, pud...@yahoo.com, rasi...@gmail.com

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

cordia subcordata
sea trumpet” from Ajinkya ji.

 

“Yes. Cordia species, mostly P. subcordata” from Mahadeswara ji.

 

“Its Cordia for sure my view is more close to Cordia sebestena http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordia_sebestena” from Mayur ji.

 
"Mayurji, the posted tree have no coriacious (leathery) leaves unlike C.sebestena." from Muthu ji.
 
"Quick websearch gives that C.sebestiana is an American plant.
/Katarina"

--
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

P1130354-orange-fix.jpg
P1130355-orange-fix-2.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
May 16, 2011, 6:57:51 AM5/16/11
to efloraofindia, katarina stenman, ajinkya gadave, Mahadeswara Swamy, Mayur Nandikar, Muthu Karthick, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, pud...@yahoo.com, rasi...@gmail.com, vasude...@gmail.com
A reply from Vikesh ji:
"Yes it is Cordia subcordata Lam."

H S

unread,
May 16, 2011, 3:58:31 PM5/16/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, katarina stenman, ajinkya gadave, Mahadeswara Swamy, Mayur Nandikar, Muthu Karthick, rites...@gmail.com, sumathi.r...@gmail.com, kkart...@yahoo.com, pud...@yahoo.com, rasi...@gmail.com, vasude...@gmail.com
 Cordia subcordata

 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Mahadeswara

unread,
May 17, 2011, 9:59:51 AM5/17/11
to efloraofindia
By mistake I have typed P.subcordata, instead of C.subcordata though I
mentioned it as Cordia species. Error is regretted.

On May 16, 10:00 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “*cordia subcordata
> *sea trumpet” from Ajinkya ji.
>
> “Yes. *Cordia species, mostly P. subcordata*” from Mahadeswara ji.
>
> “Its Cordia for sure my view is more close to Cordia sebestenahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordia_sebestena”from Mayur ji.
>
> "Mayurji, the posted tree have no coriacious (leathery) leaves unlike
> C.sebestena." from Muthu ji.
>
> "Quick websearch gives that C.sebestiana is an American plant.
> /Katarina"
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: katarina stenman <katarina.sten...@emg.umu.se>
> Date: 30 January 2011 23:57
> Subject: [efloraofindia:61726] Tree Radhangar Beach, Havelock Island,
> Andamans
> To: "indian...@googlegroups.com" <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> Photo from 2011-01-07. Radnahgar Beach (Beach no 7), Havelock Island,
> Andaman Islands
> Small tree with orange flowers.
> Name?
>
> Katarina Stenman
> Sweden
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1580 members &
> 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website:https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(with a species database of
> around 4500 species)
>
>
>
>  P1130354-orange-fix.jpg
> 546KViewDownload
>
>  P1130355-orange-fix-2.jpg
> 704KViewDownload
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages