Herb for Bot.ID-030609RK1

ranjini kamath

Jun 3, 2009, 2:58:57 AM6/3/09
to indiatreepix
Request Bot.ID for this herb.Called Ekpani [one-leaved ] in Konkani.Has a distinctly mint flavour & has a 'cooling' property.Used in chutneys.Pic taken on 010609.Grown in Udupi,Karnataka.
Thank you
                 Ranjini Kamath
Ekpani -1.jpg
Ekpani -2.jpg
Ekpani -3.jpg
Ekpani -4.jpg

Swagat

Jun 3, 2009, 3:08:40 AM6/3/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Rajaniji,

It's Centella asiatica Syn. Hydrocotyle asiatica

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

2009/6/3 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>
Request Bot.ID for this herb.Called Ekpani [one-leaved ] in Konkani.Has a distinctly mint flavour & has a 'cooling' property.Used in chutneys.Pic taken on 010609.Grown in Udupi,Karnataka.
Thank you
                 Ranjini Kamath

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jun 3, 2009, 10:12:49 AM6/3/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
I think Bacopa monnieri (Coastal Waterhyssop, Brahmi)
Devendra
Request Bot.ID for this herb.Called Ekpani [one-leaved ] in Konkani.Has a distinctly mint flavour & has a 'cooling' property.Used in chutneys.Pic taken on 010609.Grown in Udupi,Karnataka.
Thank you
                 Ranjini Kamath

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Madhuri Pejaver

Jun 3, 2009, 11:29:55 AM6/3/09
to indiatreepix, ranjini kamath

isnt it Bryophyllum
madhuri

> Ekpani [one-leaved ] in Konkani.Has a distinctly mint
> flavour & has a 'cooling' property.Used in
> chutneys.Pic taken on 010609.Grown in Udupi,Karnataka.
> Thank you
>                  Ranjini Kamath

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

ranjini kamath

Jun 5, 2009, 4:23:45 AM6/5/09
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiatreepix
Thank you Swagat ji & Devendraji[in a later mail] for the Bot ID of Ekpani as Centella asiatica.
Regards
              Ranjini Kamath