What's it on the Mango Tree...

Swagat

Jul 6, 2010, 10:32:17 AM7/6/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Request for ID....

Date/Time- *16th March 2010, 2.30 p.m.*

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  *Baankot Fort, Tahasil- Mandangad, Dist.
Ratnagiri, Maharashtra  बाणकोट किल्‍ला, ता.- मंडणगड, जि.- रत्नागिरी, महाराष्‍ट्र*

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *Rural*

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-   It is observed on the big Mango Tree

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

160310-Baankot-Swagat1.jpg
160310-Baankot-Swagat1A.jpg
160310-Baankot-Swagat1B.jpg
160310-Baankot-Swagat1C.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 6, 2010, 11:16:04 AM7/6/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
A dry plant of Drynaria quercifolia
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Rashida Atthar

Jul 6, 2010, 11:37:47 AM7/6/10
to tanay bose, Swagat, indiantreepix
Not sure if this is dry, because I have seen these brown leaves below the fresh ferns of Drynaria quercifolia.

regards,
Rashida.

L. Rasingam

Jul 7, 2010, 12:01:15 AM7/7/10
to Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, Swagat, indiantreepix
Yes,
It is Drynaria quercifolia.

Swagat

Jul 7, 2010, 3:18:48 AM7/7/10
to L. Rasingam, Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, indiantreepix

Thanks a lot Tanay ji, Rashida ji, Gauri ji and L. Rasingam ji.

'Drynaria quercifolia' is called 'Bashing' 'बाशिंग' or 'Ashwakatri' 'अश्‍वकत्री' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979