Jasmine for ID : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 18, 2010, 11:49:13 AM7/18/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Picture taken on the 15th of April,10 growing in a home garden at Nasik.
Kindly help in id.
Thanks in advance.
Aarti
DSCN0243.JPG
DSCN0244.JPG

tanay bose

Jul 18, 2010, 12:01:11 PM7/18/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think this is Jasminum multiflorum
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 21, 2010, 3:32:37 PM7/21/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Tanay,
I think this is some other Jasmine,not the one you are referring to.
Aarti

On Jul 18, 8:01 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is *Jasminum multiflorum*
> Tanay

tanay bose

Jul 21, 2010, 11:41:20 PM7/21/10
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Quite possible Arati ji
I am not at all good in identifying garden floras!!
Tanay

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jul 22, 2010, 1:30:35 AM7/22/10
to tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Could be J. angelwing . राज चमेली.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

promila chaturvedi

Jul 22, 2010, 8:12:38 AM7/22/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Looks like Motia- the Jasmin.
Promila

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jul 23, 2010, 1:02:29 AM7/23/10
to promila chaturvedi, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
It cannot be J. sambac 'Motia'. I am attaching a few photos of Motia which blooms at my place. Last two photographs are of Mogra.
ak
Jasminum sambac 'motia' _flowers_6-1.jpg
Jasminum sambac 'motia' _flowers_7-1.jpg
jasminum sambac_mogra1-1.jpg
jasminum sambac_mogra3-1.jpg

Tabish

Jul 23, 2010, 2:15:39 AM7/23/10
to efloraofindia
It doesn't look like Jasminum sambac from the leaves. However, if the
leaves were fully visible, one could say something about the species
more confidently. Flower do look like Jasminum nitidum, but the buds
are different. Jasminum nitidum has long slender pinkish buds.
- Tabish

On Jul 23, 10:02 am, Anand Kumar Bhatt <anandkbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It cannot be J. sambac 'Motia'. I am attaching a few photos of Motia which
> blooms at my place. Last two photographs are of Mogra.
> ak
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM, promila chaturvedi <
>

> thegardener.chaturv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like Motia- the Jasmin.
> > Promila
>
> > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Anand Kumar Bhatt <anandkbh...@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
>
> >> Could be J. angelwing . राज चमेली.
> >> ak

>  Jasminum sambac 'motia' _flowers_6-1.jpg
> 47KViewDownload
>
>  Jasminum sambac 'motia' _flowers_7-1.jpg
> 40KViewDownload
>
>  jasminum sambac_mogra1-1.jpg
> 47KViewDownload
>
>  jasminum sambac_mogra3-1.jpg
> 56KViewDownload

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 27, 2010, 10:08:19 AM7/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Tabish, tanay bose
Dear Tabish ji,
I found one more picture in which the leaf is seen.
Regards,
Aarti
DSCN0243.JPG
DSCN0244.JPG
DSCN0242.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Jul 27, 2010, 10:16:30 AM7/27/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, Tabish, tanay bose
iu think this is

Jasminum malabaricum

ajinkya gadave

Jul 27, 2010, 10:17:58 AM7/27/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, Tabish, tanay bose
Marathi: कुसर kusar, रान मोगरा ran mogra

Smilax004

Jul 28, 2010, 1:28:31 AM7/28/10
to efloraofindia
Please check Jasminum multiflorum.

Regards,
Giby

On Jul 27, 7:17 pm, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marathi: कुसर kusar, रान मोगरा ran mogra
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > iu think this isJasminum malabaricum

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 28, 2010, 2:26:16 AM7/28/10
to efloraofindia
Hey Giby, dont you think leaves are too big for being multiflorum.....
and yes sambac are the ones who picture has been provided by Mr.
A.K.Bhatt.
Regards
Pankaj

Tabish

Jul 28, 2010, 3:08:56 AM7/28/10
to efloraofindia
This is definitely not Jasminum multiflorum. J. multiflorum has a
characteristic closed-packed flower cluster.
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Kunda.html
Also the leaves are covered with velvety hairs (J. pubescens is a
synonym). The leaves in the pictures here appear to be smooth and
shining.
- Tabish

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 28, 2010, 9:57:53 AM7/28/10
to efloraofindia, tab...@gmail.com
Tabish ji,
I am familiar with 'Kunda' as have that variety growing in our home
garden at Nasik.
No this was not Kunda for sure...something else.
Aarti

On Jul 28, 11:08 am, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is definitely not Jasminum multiflorum. J. multiflorum has a
> characteristic closed-packed flower cluster.http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Kunda.html
> Also the leaves are covered with velvety hairs (J. pubescens is a
> synonym). The leaves in the pictures here appear to be smooth and
> shining.
>     - Tabish
>
> On Jul 28, 11:26 am, Dr Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey Giby, dont you think leaves are too big for being multiflorum.....
> > and yes sambac are the ones who picture has been provided by Mr.
> > A.K.Bhatt.
> > Regards
> > Pankaj- Hide quoted text -

JM Garg

Jun 9, 2018, 5:52:13 AM6/9/18
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, ajinkya gadave, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, promila chaturvedi
I think closer to images at Jasminum malabaricum Wight as suggested by Ajinkya ji.
DSCN0243.JPG
DSCN0244.JPG
DSCN0242.JPG