ID Required for Leh Flowers 1

Skip to the first unread message

Nudrat Sayed

15-Sep-2010, 2:19:32 pm15/09/10
to indiantreepix
Hello All,

This plant was photographed by a friend of mine hence i cant give any information about it. My guess is that this plant is Ephedra however i may be wrong

--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

2b.jpg
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
2a.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

15-Sep-2010, 4:43:25 pm15/09/10
to Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Yes doc, this is Ephedra, forgot the species name :(.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

15-Sep-2010, 7:21:12 pm15/09/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
I think Ephedra viridis
Tanay

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Nudrat Sayed <nudrat.cat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> This plant was photographed by a friend of mine hence i cant give any
> information about it. My guess is that this plant is Ephedra however i may
> be wrong
>
> --
> Regards
> Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
            604-822-2019 (Lab)

Gurcharan Singh

15-Sep-2010, 7:34:19 pm15/09/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Ephedra gerardiana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

15-Sep-2010, 10:20:43 pm15/09/10
to efloraofindia
Images 1a and 1b are of Tanacetum gracile. Images 2a and 2b are of
Ephedra gerardiana. Regards, Shrikant
>  2b.jpg
> 55KViewDownload
>
>  1a.jpg
> 131KViewDownload
>
>  1b.jpg
> 41KViewDownload
>
>  2a.jpg
> 146KViewDownload

tanay bose

15-Sep-2010, 10:42:55 pm15/09/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks for correcting me Sir Ji and Shrikant Ji
tanay

Gurcharan Singh

16-Sep-2010, 1:24:22 am16/09/10
to tanay bose, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Sorry for not noticing 1a and 1b earlier. I think they belong to A. artemisioides Sch.-Bip which has larger heads than T. gracile.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

16-Sep-2010, 1:25:14 am16/09/10
to tanay bose, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Sorry I meant Tanacetum artemisioides Sch.-Bip

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nudrat

17-Sep-2010, 4:35:40 pm17/09/10
to efloraofindia
Thank you all for giving the correct ids. There are some more that i
will be posting that require identification. They all belong to Leh-
Laddakh region but since hey are not my pics but have been taken by a
frnd i wont be able to give any information about them. Sorry for that

On Sep 16, 10:25 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I meant Tanacetum artemisioides Sch.-Bip
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Sorry for not noticing 1a and 1b earlier. I think they belong to A.
> > artemisioides Sch.-Bip which has larger heads than T. gracile.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> >> *Tanay Bose*
Reply to all