ID request-141010-PKA2

Prashant awale

Oct 14, 2010, 9:22:03 AM10/14/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
This was one of the most dominant herb (rusty Red and pink  spikes) i had seen on the way to Hampta Pass at the altitude of approx 12000 ft to 13000 ft. . Looks like very common herb..

Date / time: 27-09-2010 / 11:40AM
Location: between Balu ka Gera and Hampta Top (Manali region)
Habitat: Wild
Plant habit: Herb
Flowers were mostly seen dried (Rusty red) and few spikes were with Pink coloured flower clusters.

regards
Prashant
IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1375.jpg
IMG_1373.jpg
IMG_1372.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg
IMG_1370.jpg
IMG_1376.jpg

Satish Phadke

Oct 14, 2010, 9:35:59 AM10/14/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
This looks similar to what I had seen last year on way to Spiti.
Will look into the archives whether this Polygonaceae member was identified at that time.
Dr Phadke
112 DSCN1584s.jpg

Satish Phadke

Oct 14, 2010, 9:54:24 AM10/14/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Can it be Bistorta affinis?

Prashant awale

Oct 14, 2010, 10:02:37 AM10/14/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Satish ji,  It does look like Bistorta affinis, let's wait for more comments. Thnaks.
regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2010, 10:22:53 AM10/14/10
to Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Bistorta affinis for sure. Here is mine in almost drying stage taken October end last year from Rohtang pass.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Polygonum-affine-Rohtang-pass-.jpg

Prashant awale

Oct 14, 2010, 10:25:12 AM10/14/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks Satish ji, Gurcharan Singh ji for helping me with the ID.
regards
Prashant