Id Euphrasia species

Sunit Singh

Aug 6, 2022, 11:14:18 AM8/6/22
to efloraofindia
Dear mentors, please have a look at the attached images of Euphrasia, it seems E. platyphylla for me, because of the broad leaf; short petiole, rounded base, and lobed margins. Attaching more images in the comment section.

Captured- Rudranath UK. Alt. 3200m approx.
June 2022

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh
Alpine Research Scholar

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/06/22, 08:39:26 PM
Euphrasia platyphylla (4).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 6, 2022, 12:14:54 PM8/6/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sunit Singh
Hi, Sunit ji,
What are the species reported from your area?
This is important as this genus is very area specific (with minor differences between different species) as per Pennell.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Smita Raskar

Aug 6, 2022, 12:53:08 PM8/6/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sunit Singh
This is my favourite
Thanks for sharing beautiful picture

--
Smita Raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Sunit Singh

Aug 6, 2022, 4:49:44 PM8/6/22
to Smita Raskar, efloraofindia
Dear sir, as per the checklist of Plants of KWLS there are 2 species reported from the area E. himalayica and E. platyphylla, attaching one more Image.

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh
Alpine Research Scholar

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/07/22, 02:18:24 AM

Euphrasia platyphylla (1).JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2022, 12:46:09 AM8/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Smita Raskar, Sunit Singh
Thanks, we should take it as Euphrasia himalayica Wettst., as per images and details herein and as per keys in  Scrophulariaceae of the Western Himalayas By Francis . Pennell (1943)

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg