id plz

Smita Raskar

Jun 28, 2009, 12:20:43 PM6/28/09
to indiantreepix
hello
i hv previously added this picture
i want u to hv closer look
bcoz i think that image was not enough for correct id
thanx
DSCN1034.JPG
DSCN1029.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jun 28, 2009, 12:28:05 PM6/28/09
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
... I see I had mistaken earlier.
This looks like Buchanania lanzan, the almondette, calumpong nut, cheronjee, Cuddapah almond, Hamilton mombin; in Marathi: चार char, चारोळी charoli, पियाल piyal
Regards.

Parjanya guru

Jun 29, 2009, 3:41:38 AM6/29/09
to Dinesh Valke, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
..Is it not  Semecarpus anacardium.. , the marking nut......?

Dinesh Valke

Jun 29, 2009, 4:12:36 AM6/29/09
to Parjanya guru, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
... it could be S. anacardium... I forgot to mention, my comment is only a guess.
Regards.

satish pardeshi

Jun 29, 2009, 7:48:18 AM6/29/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Dinesh ji
it is Semecarpus anacardium

Dinesh Valke wrote:
> ... it could be *S. anacardium*... I forgot to mention, my comment is only a
> guess.
> Regards.
>

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Parjanya guru <guroo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > ..Is it not *Semecarpus anacardium..* , the marking nut......?
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> ... I see I had mistaken earlier.
> >> This looks like *Buchanania lanzan*, the almondette, calumpong nut,

satish pardeshi

Jun 29, 2009, 7:49:43 AM6/29/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Dinesh ji
this is Semecarpus anacardium L. f. var. cuneifolia (Roxb.) DC. Family
Anacardiaceae.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

Dinesh Valke wrote:
> ... it could be *S. anacardium*... I forgot to mention, my comment is only a
> guess.
> Regards.
>

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Parjanya guru <guroo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > ..Is it not *Semecarpus anacardium..* , the marking nut......?
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> ... I see I had mistaken earlier.
> >> This looks like *Buchanania lanzan*, the almondette, calumpong nut,

Dinesh Valke

Jun 29, 2009, 8:40:00 AM6/29/09
to satish pardeshi, smilingsmit, Parjanya guru, indiantreepix
... the more I learn, the more I mistake ... and vice-versa :)
... thank you all very much.

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jun 29, 2009, 11:58:36 PM6/29/09
to indiantreepix, Smita Raskar
look like Sapindus emarginatus
Regard
Devendra

Neil Soares

Jun 30, 2009, 12:55:12 AM6/30/09
to indiantreepix, Smita Raskar, Devendra Bhardwaj
Hi,
 It is the Marking Nut Tree / Dhobi's Tree [Semecarpus anacardium] locally called Bibba.
Sending you a photograph of the fruit.
                        With regards,
                          Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote: