Floscopa scandens from Arunachal Pradesh

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 30, 2010, 1:10:48 AM5/30/10
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Attached herewith two photographs of Floscopa scandens. (Commelinaceae).

Floscopa scandens Lour., Fl. Cochinch. 193. 1790; Hook. f., Fl. Brit. India 6 : 390. 1892; Chauhan et al., in Fl. Namdapha 1 : 334. 1996.

            Subscandent herbs. Stems stout, prostrate; branches suberect. Leaves lanceolate, 4.5-9.5 x 1-3cm, narrowed down to the base, acuminate at apices, subsessile, scaberulous above. Sheath lax, glabrous or hirsute, hairy at mouth. Cymes panicled, villous or hirsute, pyramidal. Flowers white, ca 4cm long; sepals 3, hairy; petals 3, obovate, rosy white; stamens 6. Capsules subglobose, compressed. Seeds glaucous.

Fl. & Fr.: Aug.-Dec.

Distrib.: INDIA (Throughout the country), AUSTRALIA, MALAYSIA, NEPAL, SRILANKA.

Locality of collection: Itanagar; Papumpare district; Arunachal Pradesh

Habitat: marshy places or along the streams.

Year of collection: 2008.

--
Best regards,
Ritesh.

tanay bose

May 30, 2010, 1:35:44 AM5/30/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Dear Ritesh Ji,
I hope you missed the attachments
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 30, 2010, 2:19:32 AM5/30/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Oh...I am really sorry for my silly mistake. Pl find the fotos.

Thanking you with regards,
Ritesh.

--
"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
Floscopa scandens1 copy.jpg

Mayur Nandikar

May 31, 2010, 2:59:59 AM5/31/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Floscopa scandens

Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,
Kolhapur.
Edited.jpg

tanay bose

May 31, 2010, 8:17:40 AM5/31/10
to Mayur Nandikar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Dear Ritesh Ji,
Nice photos but I could find only one photo instead of two as you said.
Regards
Tanay

Mayur Nandikar

May 31, 2010, 10:57:11 AM5/31/10
to tanay bose, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Tanayji in earlier postin by Ritshji u will get 2 photos. and in 1st as well as in 2nd photo I observed axillary Inflorescence?

tanay bose

May 31, 2010, 11:08:12 AM5/31/10
to Mayur Nandikar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanks Mayur Ji for the information I was bit careless.
Tanay