Plant for ID : Kenya : 30JAN21 : AK-37

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 30, 2021, 7:09:18 AM1/30/21
to efloraofindia
Plant with purple flowers, not sure if cultivated seen in Nairobi during July, 2016.
Aarti
Nairobi,Kenya-IMG_0247.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 1, 2021, 1:01:12 PM2/1/21
to efloraindia
Acanthaceae ?? Dicliptera?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 5:54 PM Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Plant with purple flowers, not sure if cultivated seen in Nairobi during July, 2016.
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Feb 1, 2021, 8:54:48 PM2/1/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj Ji.
Can be Dicliptera candicans?
Just a suggestion.
Regards,
Aarti

Chennuru Nagendra

Feb 1, 2021, 11:04:23 PM2/1/21
to efloraofindia

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 1, 2021, 11:22:02 PM2/1/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
That may be possible.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 9, 2021, 6:44:54 AM2/9/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Saroj Kasaju, Chennuru Nagendra
Dicliptera candicans is not listed either in POWO or CoL.
But it is Dicliptera or related genus only and not Justicia.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Feb 9, 2021, 9:23:42 PM2/9/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Chennuru Nagendra
Garg Ji,
Many of the plants I have posted from Nairobi are clicked at the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi.
So they may not be native ones.
I also think Dicliptera to be the closest.
Regards,
Aarti