[efloraofindia:32587] Dalbergia lanceolaria L.flowering

rashida atthar

Apr 18, 2010, 11:35:40 AM4/18/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

The leafless Dalbergia lanceolaria L.flowering was seen today at the south end of the national park in Mumbai. Fresh and old pods too seen. Bark was distinctly greenish.

regards,
Rashida.

The battle for the FIH Hockey World Cup Drag n' drop

Dalbergia lanceolaria blooms.JPG
Dalbergia lanceolaria flowers.JPG
Dalbergia lanceoalaria.JPG
Dalbergia lanceolaria.JPG
Dalbergia lanceolaria older pods.JPG
Dalbergia lanceolarIa older pods .JPG

Dinesh Valke

Apr 18, 2010, 11:50:12 AM4/18/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dalbergia lanceolaria is commonly known as: bastard rose wood • Assamese: meda-luwa, mouhit • Bengali: chakemdia • Coorgi: ಹಸರುಗೋಣಿ hasarugoni, ಶ್ವೇತ ಬೀಟೆ shweta beete • Gujarati: તણતોશી tantoshi • Hindi: हर्दी hardi, टाकोली takoli • Kannada: ಬಿಳಿ ಬಿಟೆ bili beete • Kolami: piri • Malayalam: കണ്ണന് വാക kannan vaaka, വെള്ളീട്ടി velliitti • Marathi: दोण्डुस dondus. फणशी phanshi • Mundari: birmunga, keadcadlomdaru • Oriya: dodilo • Rajasthani: barbat, passi • Sanskrit: गोरक्ष goraksha • Santal: chapot siris • Tamil: எரிகை erikai, காட்டுப்பச்சிலை kattuppachalai • Telugu: కొండపచారీ kondapachari, తెల్లవిరుగుడు tellavirugudu • Urdu: dandous

Regards.

tanay bose

Apr 18, 2010, 2:29:11 PM4/18/10
to Dinesh Valke, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida ji & Dinesh ji,
Dalbergia sissoo or commonly known as Shisham, is very common in and around Bengal but Dalbergia lanceolaria is bit exotic out here I only got a single opportunity to see this plant but unfortunately never got a glimpse of the flowers and pods Thanks to Rashida Ji for making this opportunity available for me through photos.
Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Yazdy Palia

Apr 19, 2010, 6:00:39 AM4/19/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida Ji,
Thanks for enlightening me with Dalbergia Lanceolarlia. I had seen
plenty of these trees at Kamshet and people called it shisham. I knew
that it meant Rosewood. The Rosewood seen by me in Wayanad were
slightly different. The leaves were slightly different and the trees
were huge. Now from your pictures I notice that the flowers are
different in colour too. I searched the web and found out that what I
am used to in Wayanad is Dalbergia Latifolia.
Thanks once again.
Regards
Yazdy.

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM, rashida atthar

rashida atthar

Apr 20, 2010, 1:22:42 AM4/20/10
to tanay...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Most welocme Tanay ji. Its the reverse in Mumbai forest part I have mentioned. Dalbergia sissoo is not so common,but the other two species are more frequently seen.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:59:11 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:32606] Dalbergia lanceolaria L.flowering
From: tanay...@gmail.com
To: dinesh...@gmail.com
CC: rashid...@hotmail.com; indian...@googlegroups.com

tanay bose

Apr 20, 2010, 1:25:26 AM4/20/10
to rashida atthar, dinesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Really nice to know the distribution patten of this particular plant
Tanay

rashida atthar

Apr 20, 2010, 1:28:01 AM4/20/10
to dinesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dinesh ji.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:20:12 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:32587] Dalbergia lanceolaria L.flowering
From: dinesh...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

[...]

Invest your money wisely post Budget Sign up now.

rashida atthar

Apr 20, 2010, 2:55:35 AM4/20/10
to yazdy...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good to know this Yazdi ji.  The flowers of D. sissoo Roxb. are pale white in colour and D. latifolia Roxb. are with corollas 6 mm long greenish or yellowish white.

regards,

Rashida.

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:30:39 +0530

> Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:32587] Dalbergia lanceolaria L.flowering

The latest auto launches and test drives Drag n' drop

Neil Soares

Apr 20, 2010, 4:06:12 AM4/20/10
to rashida atthar, tanay bose, dinesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 According to my records over the last few years,  D.lanceolata [locally called Phanshi] flowers from March to May & fruits from April to Sept.[with a maximum bet. July and Sept].
 Mass flowering is occuring right now. Sending a photograph.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:59:11 +0530
From: tanay...@gmail.com
To: dinesh...@gmail.com

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Dalbergia lanceolaria flowers and old pods.jpg

Satish Phadke

Apr 20, 2010, 10:21:04 AM4/20/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dalbergia lanceolaria (फणशी)
I agree with Rashida ji as well as Neil ji
Mass flowering is there in Pune too; now almost nearing end. It was profuse in Feb.

rashida atthar

Apr 21, 2010, 4:09:02 AM4/21/10
to drneil...@yahoo.com, tanay...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this info. Neil and the pic.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:06:12 -0700
From: drneil...@yahoo.com

Catch the changing security environment Get it now.