Mesua ferrea from Arunachal Pradesh

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jul 11, 2010, 5:29:36 AM7/11/10
to efloraofindia
Dear all pl find a few images of Mesua ferrea

Date/Time- 2009

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- ca 500m, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Urban, Grown as avenue tree.

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Tree

Height/Length- ca 10m high.

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-* *

Regards,

Ritesh.

--
"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
1.JPG

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jul 11, 2010, 5:37:03 AM7/11/10
to efloraofindia
Hello Ritesh,
Nice pics... I was just skeptic, doesnt our affinity goes back to
TNB!! some where back to 2002....
Nice to see you here....
Pankaj

On Jul 11, 2:29 pm, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary <ritesh....@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  1.JPG
> 77KViewDownload
>
>  2.JPG
> 85KViewDownload
>
>  flowering.JPG
> 80KViewDownload
>
>  habit.JPG
> 119KViewDownload

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 11, 2010, 5:54:51 AM7/11/10
to efloraofindia
Hello Pankaj,
Thanx4 d appreciation. Happy to see u too once again with the group! I
am also recollecting my memories from Bhagalpur Molecular systematics
workshop. Keep on mailing.
Regards,
Ritesh.
> > 119KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jul 11, 2010, 6:04:53 AM7/11/10
to efloraofindia
:))), so you know that I am not new to this group.....Nice to be in
touch once again.
Pankaj

tanay bose

Jul 11, 2010, 7:25:51 AM7/11/10
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Description of the plant from the link below
http://www.biotik.org/india/species/m/mesuferr/mesuferr_en.html

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Senthilkumar

Jul 12, 2010, 12:43:36 AM7/12/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com
Hi Ritesh
Nice pictures. Hey, It is NERIST Campus no.

Regards
Senthilkumar U.
--
Senthilkumar U.
BSI & School of Ecology and Conservation,

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 12, 2010, 12:51:36 AM7/12/10
to efloraofindia
No Senthil!
The first photograph taken near Bank Tinali and the second one at
Sankie View, Itanagar.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Jul 12, 1:43 pm, Senthilkumar <sensonsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ritesh
> Nice pictures. Hey, It is NERIST Campus no.
>
> Regards
> Senthilkumar U.
>
> On 11 July 2010 16:55, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Description of the plant from the link below
> >http://www.biotik.org/india/species/m/mesuferr/mesuferr_en.html
>
> > Tanay
>
> > On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Dr. Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> :))), so you know that I am not new to this group.....Nice to be in
> >> touch once again.
> >> Pankaj
>
> > --
> > Tanay Bose
> > +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> > 9830439691(Mobile)
>
> --
> Senthilkumar U.
> BSI & School of Ecology and Conservation,
> University of Agricultural Sciences,
> Bangalore-560 065.
> Karnataka, India- Hide quoted text -

R. Vijayasankar

Jul 12, 2010, 12:52:58 AM7/12/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Are there any varieties in this species, Ritesh?

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Ritesh Choudhary

Jul 12, 2010, 12:59:29 AM7/12/10
to efloraofindia
No Vijayji, I,ve never seen any other variety of the same. But aware
of aonther species called M. assamica from Assam.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Jul 12, 1:52 pm, "R. Vijayasankar" <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Are there any varieties in this species, Ritesh?
>
> With regards
>
> R. Vijayasankar

R. Vijayasankar

Jul 12, 2010, 1:23:45 AM7/12/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thank you, Ritesh.
As per this link: http://www.vattakanalconservationtrust.org/Home/activities/palni-hills Mesua ferrea var. coramandeliana occurs in Palni Hills, Tamil nadu.

And it seems there are five species in the genus, though only 2 in India.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar