Galinsoga parviflora Cavanilles

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 25, 2022, 8:29:52 AM10/25/22

Date: 25 October 2022

Oct 25, 2022, 8:30:07 AM10/25/22

Oct 25, 2022, 8:30:13 AM10/25/22

Oct 25, 2022, 8:30:38 AM10/25/22

Oct 25, 2022, 8:31:14 AM10/25/22

Oct 25, 2022, 8:32:13 AM10/25/22

Oct 25, 2022, 10:16:36 AM10/25/22

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 25, 2022, 11:08:31 AM10/25/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

taffa...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2022, 1:47:51 AM10/26/22
to eFloraofIndia
Galinsoga parviflora is a very common weed in Srinagar and perhaps most of Kashmir today. It is perhaps the second alien species which is outcompeting the local weeds as it has spread widely over the past two decades. The first alien species to do so was Conyzia canadensis which in late 1950's (the earliest time I can remember)was already so well established that it even had a local name "Shal-e- Lot" meaning Foxtail. I suspect that another American invasive plant Symphyotrichum subulatum is well on its way to becoming  the third problem species  here as  a few years back it was rarely seen but is now quite common. Some scientists  at the Botany Department of Kashmir University have attributed the invasiveness of Conyzia to epigenetic modifications. The same may be true for these two also. Unfortunately these invasive plants are neither ornamental nor good pot herbs. Kathmandu should be prepared to welcome an unwelcome visitor.
GALINSOGA.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 26, 2022, 12:42:19 PM10/26/22
to eFloraofIndia
Saroj ji, can your plant be G. quadriradiata?, densely hairy stems and leaves and larger ray florets.

J.M. Garg

Oct 29, 2022, 5:04:35 AM10/29/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh

With regards,