Lactuca dolichophylla Kitam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2021, 8:46:42 AM11/14/21
to flowers...@gmail.com, Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Lactuca dolichophylla Kitam. in  FoI looks like Lactuca dissecta D. Don

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Nov 14, 2021, 9:14:32 AM11/14/21
to efloraofindia
I think you are right Saroj. Picture by me cannot be of Lactuca dolichophylla  - I don't know how that blunder happened. Gurcharan ji's plant may be Lactuca dolichophylla - I will check out the leaves.
   Tabish

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2021, 9:26:19 AM11/14/21
to efloraindia
Not to worry Tabish . Oversight happens due to overload !😄
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 14, 2021, 11:36:29 PM11/14/21
to efloraofindia
My plant Tabish ji is unmistakeable, with its linear undivided leaves, larger heads. I am adding image of  habit. Just for information. This plant is from my Ph.D research area (1969-74).
Lactuca-dolichophylla-Harwan-Kashmir-IMG_6371.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 15, 2021, 1:56:32 AM11/15/21
to efloraindia, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
There was one image from Tabish on this link which he says is not correct and removed now.
Images from Gurucharan sir are correct. I guess confusion is cleared !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Nov 16, 2021, 7:18:47 AM11/16/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharan ji for this wonderful picture which shows the lower leaves so well.
   Best wishes
   Tabish

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 16, 2021, 7:23:41 AM11/16/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi, Flowers of India
Tabish ji, since you have removed your image, please change the place of photography as Dachhigam, Kashmir.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/433495c3-46a7-474c-9bc8-4b1cceb4f8f1n%40googlegroups.com.

Tabish

Nov 16, 2021, 8:30:23 AM11/16/21
to efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
  The three images on the site right now:
are your images from Kullu, as mentioned on the page. I will add the latest images you sent, from Dachhigam (I presume), soon.
  Tabish

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 16, 2021, 8:42:29 AM11/16/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi, Flowers of India
Yes Tabish ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 16, 2021, 8:45:44 AM11/16/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi, Flowers of India
Actually it is Harwan area bordering Dachhigam sanctuary.