Red coloured fruit

shobha chavda

Dec 3, 2009, 12:34:08 AM12/3/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi everybody,

In this October,I had been to Chakarata- a town near Deharadun.I have few snaps of plants,flowers and fruits which I can’t identify (as I don’t have any books on Himalayan flora..)Please help me in identifying them.Which is this red coloured fruit?

Thanx,

Shobha

chakrata '09 099.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 3, 2009, 7:34:08 AM12/3/09
to shobha chavda, indian...@googlegroups.com
Cotoneaster microphylla

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

JM Garg

Feb 24, 2019, 4:04:23 AM2/24/19
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Anil Thakur, sing...@gmail.com
 I feel Chakrata plant being woody, may be more closer to Anil ji's images at Cotoneaster brandisii G.Klotz
chakrata '09 099.jpg

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Feb 24, 2019, 9:04:11 AM2/24/19
to efloraofindia
Do we have distribution of C.brandisii in India Garg Ji ?
Regards

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2019, 9:43:29 AM2/24/19
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda
Yes. Pl. see the link: Cotoneaster brandisii G.Klotz

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 25, 2019, 8:02:00 AM2/25/19
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Anil Thakur
Cotoneaster microphyllus I hope.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Feb 28, 2019, 7:23:23 AM2/28/19
to efloraofindia
Gurcharan Ji,
Can you please give me the pointer to differentiate between Cotoneaster microphylla and C.brandisii ?
Regards.

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Feb 28, 2019, 8:39:26 AM2/28/19
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Mar 2, 2019, 6:47:57 AM3/2/19
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda
Shobha ji, Anil ji's images were identified by J. Fryer, who has authored almost monographic work elobirating around 400 species in her book from all over the world, lot of them from Himalayas and China.
According to her, C. microphylus only occur in Nepal.
We have images of both species identified by her in efi site.
Pl. check.
I will go by what I have stated.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Mar 6, 2019, 6:48:29 AM3/6/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji.I just wanted to know the difference between the two species and how to identify.That's why I asked for the pointer.
Regards

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2019, 8:18:34 AM3/6/19
to Shobha Halwe-Chavda, efloraofindia

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 17:53, Shobha Halwe-Chavda <koa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Garg ji,
I had posted these images about ten years ago and few flowers still remain unidentified.Can you please look into it ? Or is it possible that it was not noticed by me ?
Regards
Shobha