Convolvulaceae species from Assam KD 03, Feb 24

Karuna Das

Feb 9, 2024, 10:26:48 AMFeb 9
to indiantreepix
Dear All,
     Attached images are Convolvulaceae sp. (?) from Assam. Please ID of the species

Date : 28.01.2024
Location: Assam
Family : Convolvulaceae
Genus & species : ??
Habit :  Climber

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

1..JPG
2.jpg
3..JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 9, 2024, 10:39:04 AMFeb 9
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, J.M. Garg
 Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam. ??? Wild or cultivated ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Feb 9, 2024, 11:01:05 AMFeb 9
to indian...@googlegroups.com, kd_...@rediffmail.com, jmg...@gmail.com

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 9, 2024, 11:04:42 AMFeb 9
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, kd_...@rediffmail.com, jmg...@gmail.com
OK Mr. Chowdary !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

kd_...@rediffmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 12:08:08 AMFeb 10
to eFloraofIndia
Thank You Sir. The species is cultivated.
With regard
Karuna Kanta Das

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 11, 2024, 3:23:08 AMFeb 11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, J.M. Garg
OK Mr. Das !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2024, 7:23:13 AMFeb 15
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary
Buds look different as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/07/ipomoea-batatas/
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 12:35:56 AMFeb 21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, Karuna Das

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam. ??? Wild or cultivated ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Yes! - from Mandru ji

Thank You Sir. The species is cultivated.
With regard

Karuna Kanta Das

Buds look different as per images at

https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/07/ipomoea-batatas/- from me

With regards,
J.M.Garg
1..JPG
2.jpg
3..JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 26, 2024, 2:21:39 AMFeb 26
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Karuna Das
1..JPG
2.jpg
3..JPG

kd_...@rediffmail.com

Feb 27, 2024, 9:36:57 AMFeb 27
to eFloraofIndia
Garg Sir,  the images of species  uploaded here  is not Ipomoea batatas. It is not also cultivated as my information was wrong. Sorry for that. After many days observation it is concluded that the species seems to be   Ipomoea aquatica Forssk   which grows in winter season. I uploaded here one image of the species with root.
With regard
Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati

Ipomoea aquatica.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 5, 2024, 1:41:58 AMMar 5
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, Saroj Kasaju
I do not think so.
It looks different (including buds) as per
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/07/ipomoea-aquatica/

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2024, 11:36:41 PMApr 5
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Karuna Das
Thanks a lot, Rakesh ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Apr 12, 2024, 3:01:39 AMApr 12
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, Karuna Das
Yes, buds look similar to images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2017/09/18/calystegia-sepium/
So may be some Calystegia species.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 18, 2024, 1:31:34 AMApr 18
to Karuna Das, dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia
Hi, Karuna ji,
What are the Calystegia species reported from your area?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

kd_...@rediffmail.com

Apr 19, 2024, 2:13:09 AMApr 19
to eFloraofIndia

Dear Garg Sir,

       According to ‘Flora of Assam’ vol I-IV [Kanjilal et.al., 1940], ‘Assam's Flora (Present Status of Vascular Plants)’[ Chowdhury, S. 2005], ‘Plant diversity of Assam- A checklist of Angiosperm and Gymnosperms (Barooah & Ahmed, 2014)and ‘Plantes Assam’ (Chowdhury, S., 2021) there is no record of occurrence of Calystegia sp. from Assam(my area). Moreover,  according to ‘Flowering Plants of India –An Annotated Checklist ,Dicotyledons  Vol-II,  BSI’ [ Dash and Mao 2020] only one single species of Calystegia ( Calystegia hederacea Wall.in Roxb.) is reported from Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Sikkim, UttarPradesh, and West Bengal states of India (Page No. 181-182). And one new variety of Calystegia hederacea was also reported from Jammu and Kashmir State, India ( Bhellum and Magotra, 2010).

Karuna Kanta Das

Guwahati

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2024, 2:28:43 AMApr 19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, dr.rakesh Singh
Ok, Karuna ji.
Pl. try to match with this.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2024, 7:46:31 AMApr 25
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, dr.rakesh Singh
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2024, 2:39:39 AMMay 2
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das, dr.rakesh Singh
What do Rakesh ji and Karuna ji say on this id?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 18, 2024, 2:39:50 AM (3 days ago) May 18