Flowering / fruiting tree - Great morinda, Morinda citrifolia, Noni

raghu ananth

Jun 17, 2008, 2:24:06 PM6/17/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Great morinda,
Morinda citrifolia
Noni

Family: Rubiaceae
Genus: Morinda
Species: M. citrifolia

Come June and it’s time to welcome the monsoons which announces its arrival with a burst of rainfall, sometimes accompanied by thunder and lightning. Soon, everything turns green and what a sight the trees make looking lush and beautiful as they receive their first dunking.

This time,  while at the Someshwara beach, west coast, we got to witness and experience the beauty of the monsoons., we saw this lovely specimen of a tree that bore both flowers and fruits.

habitat:    coastal region
place:      someshwar beach, Mangalore
date:        jun 8, 2008

Regards
Raghu / Sunita

Flower-8Jun2008.jpg
leaves-8Jun2008.jpg
Tree-8June2008a.jpg
Bark-8Jun2008.jpg
DSC_8575.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 17, 2008, 11:17:39 PM6/17/08
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here is some data from Indiantreepix database:
Morinda citrifolia Rubiaceae
Great morinda, Indian mulberry, Beach mulberry, Tahitian Noni, Ach Flowering observed in Pune- April first fortnight- Satish ji.

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg