Juniperus recurva Buch.-Ham. ex D. Don

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 11, 2023, 3:01:58 AM7/11/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Dhorpatan, Baglung, Nepal
Date: 31May 2023
Elevation: 2900 m.
Habit : Wild

Nepali Name : धुपी Dhupee / भैरुँग धुपी Bhairung Dhupee

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC03663.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 11, 2023, 3:02:02 AM7/11/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC03664.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 11, 2023, 3:02:11 AM7/11/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
DSC03665.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 11, 2023, 3:02:28 AM7/11/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
DSC03667.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 11, 2023, 3:02:50 AM7/11/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC03669.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2023, 2:48:22 AM7/21/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 21, 2023, 2:50:26 AM7/21/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
This was ID by Dr. Lila Nath Sharma !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2023, 3:12:11 AM7/21/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
What is the difference?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 21, 2023, 3:28:42 AM7/21/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
I guess descriptions in the efloraNepal would be helpful.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2023, 2:36:49 AM7/30/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
I think it is Juniperus squamata as per keys in Flora of China and Illustrations in eFlora:
http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=4555&flora_id=2
http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=4560&flora_id=2
http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=47485&flora_id=5
Keys:
8 (7)Branchlets pendulous; leaves loosely appressed, 3-6 mm, to 10 mm in young plants, convex with longitudinal grooves at base abaxially Juniperus recurva
+Branchlets not pendulous; leaves spreading, ascending, or appressed, 1-10 mm, obtusely ridged with longitudinal grooves on ridge (or at base) abaxially. (9)

9 (8)Leaves closely appressed, small, 1-2 × 0.5-1.2 mm; branchlets 4- or 6-angled Juniperus chengii
+Leaves spreading or ascending, larger, 4-10 × 1-1.3 mm; branchlets not angled. (10)

10 (9)Leaves ascending, 4-6 × ca. 1 mm; branchlets loosely arranged, usually straight, long Juniperus baimashanensis
+Leaves spreading or ascending, 5-10 × 1-1.3 mm; branchlets densely arranged, straight or curved, usually short 10 Juniperus squamata

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg