433 ID wild climber

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2023, 3:06:15 PM3/30/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 25MAR2023, 04.30pm

Habitat: wild moisture rocky shady misty sloppy hill, wind

Plant habit: climbing, branches, weak cylindrical hard stem 06mm diameter, tendrils, tuberous, perennial

Supporting tree: Xanthophyllum flavescens Height: 03 meters

Leaves: alternate, trifoliate, acute, smooth leathery, size upto:13×8cm

Flower: axillary spike inflorescence, diameter:02cm, greenish yellow, non fragrant

Fruit: berry green into orange, globular, glossy, glabrous, diameter:03.5cm, not edible; otherwise cause severe stomach ache and dysentery

Seed: black 5-6 nos., circular, compressed, rough irregular, diameter:09mm, thickness:02mm

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230325163214_IMG_8752.JPG
20230325163405_IMG_8760.JPG
20230325163707_IMG_8766.JPG
20230325163240_IMG_8755.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2023, 3:11:30 PM3/30/23
to efloraofindia

Sharing more images

20230325164213_IMG_8773.JPG
20230122130644_IMG_6957.JPG
20230325163842_IMG_8768.JPG
20220923122256_IMG_1746.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2023, 3:12:52 PM3/30/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220923122324_IMG_1747.JPG
20220923122413_IMG_1749.JPG
20220923122244_IMG_1745.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2023, 3:17:12 PM3/30/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220923115115_IMG_1708.JPG
20220923122147_IMG_1743.JPG
20220923122640_IMG_1750.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2023, 3:19:37 PM3/30/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230109111259_IMG_6509.JPG
20220923115306_IMG_1712.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 30, 2023, 10:02:15 PM3/30/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20230325164036_IMG_8769.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 31, 2023, 2:58:41 AM3/31/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Passiflora look alike ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 31, 2023, 3:31:33 AM3/31/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Passiflora sp. and it is mentioned in our EFI, but I can't remember this, thank you very much for the genus ID of my plant. Leaves may be either tri/quadrafoliate with two/three brown spots just top of leaves base and two brown spots on leaves at top of petiole (images will be provided soon). With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 31, 2023, 5:08:12 AM3/31/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Adenia hondala (Gaertn.) W.J.de Wilde 1
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 31, 2023, 6:21:10 AM3/31/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Great dear Saroj ji.
Yes, it is Adenia hondala, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 31, 2023, 6:21:47 AM3/31/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 31, 2023, 8:21:15 AM3/31/23
to Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Saroj ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 31, 2023, 8:58:03 AM3/31/23
to J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 1, 2023, 1:45:41 PM4/1/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 2, 2023, 1:51:59 AM4/2/23
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Garg ji, Paradesi ji,
Thanks a lot, sharing leaf ventral images, with kind regards, Sam.
20230331110209_IMG_9031.JPG
20230331110118_IMG_9030.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2023, 6:12:28 AM4/3/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju