Asteraceae Week Part I-Radiate heads:: Plant for ID ? Pangot/Coprbett area SMP -23

Satish Phadke

May 10, 2013, 12:18:48 PM5/10/13
to indiantreepix
Widely observed on roadside from Nainital to Pangot in Jun 2009
For ID
Flower size 2-4cm. Small herb.
Dr Satish PhadkeInline images 1

Inline images 2
DSCN1755s.jpg
DSCN1346s.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 10, 2013, 11:47:25 PM5/10/13
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
I hope Erigeron bellidioides.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

DSCN1755s.jpg
DSCN1346s.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2016, 12:23:50 PM5/7/16
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke
Hi, Satish ji,
I think 2nd picture is different from 1st & is not of Erigeron bellidioides (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) Benth. ex C.B.Clarke

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

JM Garg

Jan 21, 2022, 12:23:50 AM1/21/22
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
I think this should be Erigeron karvinskianus DC. as per POWO and keys from Flora of Bhutan as can be seen at Erigeron.
Looks different from Erigeron bellidioides as per POWO.
Also see discussions at Asteraceae Fortnight Part 1-Radiate Heads: Erigeron bellidioides from Chakrata, Nainital and Naukuchiatal-GS61