Id110810phk 1

Pravin Kawale

Aug 11, 2010, 11:56:27 AM8/11/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Id Please
A climber at Kanakeshwar
Local marathi name Dukkarkand
Thanks in advance

DSC07875.JPG
DSC07877.JPG

DSC07875.JPG
DSC07877.JPG

tanay bose

Aug 11, 2010, 2:04:39 PM8/11/10
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Dukkarkand is the marathi name for Dioscorea bulbifera  i hope
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Tabish

Aug 11, 2010, 3:11:35 PM8/11/10
to efloraofindia
Pravin,
Dukkarkanda is the Marathi name for Tacca aspera. However, your
plant looks like something completely different.
Also I don't think any Dioscorea has fruit like the one here.
- Tabish
>  DSC07875.JPG
> 71KViewDownload
>
>  DSC07877.JPG
> 79KViewDownload

Mayur Nandikar

Aug 11, 2010, 11:05:22 PM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Hello,
Tacca aspera from Taccaceae
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Vijayasankar

Aug 11, 2010, 11:14:14 PM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Could it be Adenia hondala?

With regards

Vijayasankar

Prashant awale

Aug 12, 2010, 1:15:26 AM8/12/10
to Vijayasankar, Tabish, efloraofindia
Dear Friends,
I had seen some what similar fruits at Phansad. Refer to following efloraofindia thread..

It was indicated that the fruits could be Passion fruit..

regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 12, 2010, 1:54:26 AM8/12/10
to Prashant awale, Vijayasankar, Tabish, efloraofindia
Yazdi ji in the earlier thread may be right, passion fruit

Passiflora edulis, perhaps

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pravin Kawale

Aug 12, 2010, 2:37:21 AM8/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, Vijayasankar, Tabish, efloraofindia
Hi,
Surely,It is not Passion fruit. I know it very well
This climber is with big tuber
Regards

--
Pravin

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2010, 9:31:47 AM9/19/10
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, Mayur Nandikar, Vijayasankar Raman, tanay bose, Prashant awale

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

Could it be Adenia hondala?

With regards

Vijayasankar”

“I had seen some what similar fruits at Phansad. Refer to following efloraofindia thread..
Prashant”

"Yazdi ji in the earlier thread may be right, passion fruit
Passiflora edulis, perhaps
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

Surely,It is not Passion fruit. I know it very well
This climber is with  big tuber” from Pravin ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSC07875.JPG
DSC07877.JPG

Navendu

Sep 20, 2010, 12:47:15 AM9/20/10
to efloraofindia
Its very likely to be Adenia hondala, but the leaf seems deformed,
should be three lobed like a Passiflora leaf.

On Sep 19, 6:31 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.
>
> Earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “*Could it be Adenia hondala?*
>
> With regards
> Vijayasankar”
>
> “I had seen some what similar fruits at Phansad. Refer to following
> efloraofindia thread..
>
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/8...
> It was indicated that the *fruits could be Passion fruit..
> *regards
> Prashant”
>
> "Yazdi ji in the earlier thread may be right, passion fruit
> *Passiflora edulis, perhaps*
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh"
>
> “*Surely,It is not Passion fruit*. I know it very well
> This climber is with  big tuber” from Pravin ji.

Yazdy Palia

Sep 20, 2010, 1:24:11 PM9/20/10
to Navendu, efloraofindia
It does not look like Passion fruit. The leaves are different.
Moreover, I have never seen passion fruit in clusters.
Regards
Yazdy.