PLANT FOR ID 44 SMP JUN 06

satish phadke

May 19, 2009, 10:12:44 AM5/19/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I had a memorable trip to Pangot- Binsar in Jun 2006.
I was not much conversant with flora at that time.
Along with the sighting of birds and butterflies there was quite an interesting flora to watch.
I will post some of the photos of the flora captured during the trip for ID
Thanks
Dr Satish Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Binsar FL1.jpg

ranjini kamath

May 20, 2009, 12:37:47 AM5/20/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
V. beautiful image Satishji.Looking forward to the rest of the pictures.
Regards
Ranjini Kamath

J.M. Garg

Jun 17, 2009, 10:59:48 AM6/17/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id pl.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Binsar FL1.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

Jun 17, 2009, 12:51:01 PM6/17/09
to indiantreepix
Gargsaheb, we need to have strong support and active presentation of
participants from the East, & North & South India. There are so many
photographs of flora on indian treepix & flowers of india from these
above mentioned areas, which are unidentified.
--

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2009, 11:31:36 AM7/2/09
to indiantreepix

satish phadke

Jul 3, 2009, 9:00:41 AM7/3/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks Garg ji.
Satish Phadke

2009/7/2 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Swagat

Jul 3, 2009, 9:34:50 AM7/3/09
to satish phadke, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix

Yes, you are right Gargji!! It is "Hypericum oblongifoliun" Choisy (H.cernuum Roxb.)

A much-branched arching often pendent shrub 1-2 m, with oblong to elliptic blunt leaves and few large terminal flowers 3.5-7 cm across. Petals mostly narrowly obovate; sepals unequal, ovate-elliptic, with entire margins; styles to 2 cm. Leaves stalkless 3-8 cm, with dense network of veins on underside. (-Ref. Flowers of the Himalaya by Oleg Polunin & Adam Stainton.)

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568