Phoenix, but which one?

Samir Takaochi

Sep 27, 2009, 12:01:37 PM9/27/09
to indiantreepix
Hello, friends. Long time no see. I found it at garden near Dharuhera. It might be phoenix but I was not able to identify exact botanic name. Could some one advice me?

Phoenix 1.jpg
Phoenix 2.jpg
Phoenix 3.jpg
Phoenix 4.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

Sep 27, 2009, 12:23:38 PM9/27/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
not really sure, but pls check if it is phoenix roebelinii (dwarf date palm)

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Samir Takaochi

Sep 27, 2009, 12:32:01 PM9/27/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Thank you Rajesh ji! Roebelinii seems to have hair on trunk, but hair was not found in this photo.  I thought sylvestris due to spine and trunk and I checked on web. My photo is young tree, but photo of young tree on web has thick trunk whereas my photo shows thin, so I wonder.

2009/9/27 Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com>
not really sure, but pls check if it is phoenix roebelinii (dwarf date palm)

2009/9/27 Samir Takaochi <band...@gmail.com>
Hello, friends. Long time no see. I found it at garden near Dharuhera. It might be phoenix but I was not able to identify exact botanic name. Could some one advice me?

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2009, 9:52:40 AM10/24/09
to indiantreepix, Samir Takaochi, Rajesh Sachdev

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

"not really sure, but pls check if it is phoenix roebelinii (dwarf date palm)" from Rajesh ji.

"Thank you Rajesh ji! Roebelinii seems to have hair on trunk, but hair was not found in this photo.  I thought sylvestris due to spine and trunk and I checked on web. My photo is young tree, but photo of young tree on web has thick trunk whereas my photo shows thin, so I wonder." from Samir ji.

Phoenix 1.jpg
Phoenix 2.jpg
Phoenix 3.jpg
Phoenix 4.jpg

J.M. Garg

Hello, friends. Long time no see. I found it at garden near Dharuhera. It might be phoenix but I was not able to identify exact botanic name. Could some one advice me?

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Phoenix 1.jpg
Phoenix 2.jpg
Phoenix 3.jpg
Phoenix 4.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 6, 2009, 3:10:47 AM12/6/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rajesh Sachdev, J.M. Garg
Forwarding again for ID confirmation

Earlier relevant feedback:
"not really sure, but pls check if it is Phoenix roebelinii (dwarf date palm)" from Rajesh ji.

"Thank you Rajesh ji! roebelinii seems to have hair on trunk, but hair was not found in this photo.  I thought sylvestrisdue to spine and trunk and I checked on web. My photo is young tree, but photo of young tree on web has thick trunk whereas my photo shows thin, so I wonder." from Samir ji.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Phoenix 1.jpg