Water Morning Glory

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Shantanu Bhattacharya

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 4:52:48 AM8/25/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
a pic of Ipomea aquatica commonly called Water morning Glory....
found this plant near a pond.
regards
Shantanu :)
IMG_0401.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 4:58:53 AM8/25/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Yes Shantanu ji, a good picture


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

nabha meghani

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 6:05:21 AM8/25/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
the leaves are cooked and eaten with rice, i think!

tanay bose

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 10:59:33 AM8/25/10
to nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Yes it used as a vegetable in Bengal we call it "KALMI SAAG"
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant
Department of Botany
University of British Columbia
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036

Shantanu

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 3:17:45 PM8/25/10
to efloraofindia
Oh...this is called Kalmi shaag!...I see.
Thats a very common vegetable in Bengal.
thanks a lot for enlightening me Tanay : )

Regards
Shantanu :)

On Aug 25, 7:59 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it used as a vegetable in Bengal we call it "KALMI SAAG"
> Tanay
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM, nabha meghani <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >  the leaves are cooked and eaten with rice, i think!
>
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > *From:* Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>
> > *To:* Shantanu Bhattacharya <shnt...@gmail.com>
> > *Cc:* efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
> > *Sent:* Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:58 AM
> > *Subject:* Re: [efloraofindia:45431] Water Morning Glory
>
> > Yes Shantanu ji, a good picture
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Shantanu Bhattacharya <shnt...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Hi
> >> a pic of *Ipomea aquatica* commonly called Water morning Glory....
> >> found this plant near a pond.
> >> regards
> >> Shantanu :)
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant
> Department of Botany
> University of British Columbia
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages