Ipomoea for id confirmation

radha veach

Aug 29, 2021, 11:57:19 AM8/29/21
to efloraofindia
This plant was growing in disturbed ground in Thane district. Photos are from the same spot at different times from September to December, 2017 and 2018.
I had identified it as  Ipomoea nil (L.) Roth but not sure if it is the same as Ipomoea hederacea Jacq.
Please confirm

thank you
regards
Radha

P1010902 (1).JPG
P1010902 (2).JPG
P1010902 (3).JPG
P1010902 (4).JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2021, 1:53:04 AM9/3/21
to efloraofindia, radha veach
Thanks, Radha ji.
Flora of Pakistan gives the following keys:
13 (12)Sepal tips erect or slightly curved 11 Ipomoea nil
+Sepal tips curved to one side, at least when plants are in fruit Ipomoea hederacea

Flora of Pakistan further says 'This species (Ipomoea nil (Linn.) Roth) and Ipomoea hederacea Jacq. are very similar. Some authors have switched the names or considered them synonymous. One or both play an important part in the ayurvedic medicines. The seeds are used as a purgative.'

Going by images in POWO 1 and POWO 2 and keys in Flora of Pakistan above, I think it should be Ipomoea nil

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2021, 9:07:11 AM9/3/21