Is It Bauhinia malabarica ? (01.11.09 NJ)

Narendra Joshi

Nov 1, 2009, 5:11:22 AM11/1/09
to Indiantrees
Dear Friends,

Attached tree resembles with Bauhinia malabarica posted few days back. Pl confirm. Photo taken at Sagar Upvan, Mumbai

Narendra Joshi

ID 1.JPG
ID 2.jpg
ID 3.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2009, 6:06:21 AM11/1/09
to Narendra Joshi, Indiantrees
... not B. malabarica, this could be B. foveolata.
Regards.

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2009, 12:31:59 AM11/23/09
to indiantreepix, narendra joshi, Dinesh Valke

Hi, Narendra ji,

May we have your feedback pl. on suggested Id.

Earlier relevant feedback:

“... not B. malabarica, this could be B. foveolata.” from Dinesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

ID 1.JPG
ID 2.jpg
ID 3.JPG

rashida atthar

Nov 23, 2009, 12:42:01 AM11/23/09
to jmg...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, nare...@yahoo.com, dinesh...@gmail.com
Yes this is B. foveolatus,male flowers, have recently posted with details.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:01:59 +0530
Subject: Fwd: [indiantreepix:23774] Is It Bauhinia malabarica ? (01.11.09 NJ)
From: jmg...@gmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com
CC: nare...@yahoo.com; dinesh...@gmail.com

Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.

Narendra Joshi

Nov 23, 2009, 1:04:08 AM11/23/09
to J.M. Garg, Indiantrees
Dear Sir,

I have received its correct ID on indiantreepix as B. foveolata.

Thanks!

Narendra Joshi

rashida atthar

Nov 23, 2009, 1:23:21 AM11/23/09
to nare...@yahoo.com, jmg...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Garg ji, Narendra ji,

I would like to point out that the earlier mail including mine has incorrectly mentioned B. foveolata, it should read as B. foveolatus Dalz.as per Flora of Mah. Vol II pg 166.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:04:08 -0800
From: nare...@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [indiantreepix:23777] Is It Bauhinia malabarica ? (01.11.09 NJ)
To: jmg...@gmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2009, 2:24:41 AM11/23/09
to Narendra Joshi, Indiantrees, lavkumar khachar
A request from Lavkumar ji:
"Is this a climber, a shrub or a tree? Can we get seedlings of the plant?
Thanks,
Lavkumar Khachar."

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2009, 2:47:32 AM11/23/09
to indiantreepix, narendra joshi, Dinesh Valke
Reply from Shrikant ji:
"This is B. foveolata male inflorescence. Pls note large leaves with more than 9 nerves. Rgds
Shrikant"

rashida atthar

Nov 23, 2009, 6:04:22 AM11/23/09
to jmg...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, nare...@yahoo.com, dinesh...@gmail.com
Garg ji & all,

Earlier in the day I did inform of the B. foveolatus being the correct name which has been l all through incorrectly mentioned on ITP and FFOS as B. foveolata. This was based on Reference from Flora of Mah. Vol II.

I also referred online and in Sahyadri : Western ghats biodiversity datadase too it is mentioned as B. foveolatus Dalz. Ecological status is mentioned as Rare.
Request experts to confirm the correct name please. Thankyou.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:17:32 +0530
Subject: Re: [indiantreepix:23798] Is It Bauhinia malabarica ? (01.11.09 NJ)