FROM THE NATURE

Col Bimal Sarkar

Apr 4, 2011, 10:39:33 AM4/4/11
Dear Friends,
Attaching two images.One is of a butterfly ( Plain Tiger On Haliotropa )and the other of Ficus Krishna.This is what Dr Venakatesh says about Ficus Krishna.
" Ficus Krishna ( KRISHNA FIG ) is an unusual variant of the Banyan.Its leaves which are smaller than those of the Banyan have a pocket like pouchon their back at the baseabove the leaf stalk.The religious persons believe that this is because Lord Krishna used them to scoop out butter."
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942

Symbiosis 8.jpg
Ficus Krishna.jpg

Vedprakash Singh

Apr 4, 2011, 11:01:31 AM4/4/11
to colbima...@yahoo.com, efloraofindia
Col saheb  ....e flora member Dr Ashiish Tiple 09673446025 is a butterfly ecologist  "Ashish Tiple" <ashish...@yahoo.co.in>, Asst. Professor in a collage in Nandurbar district of Maharashtra.
Symbiosis 8.jpg
Ficus Krishna.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Apr 5, 2011, 12:12:45 AM4/5/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Colonel: I am always eager to look at your pictures of birds and
butterflies enjoying fruits , esp on your banyan trees... my question
today is... where is this Krishna fig or Krishna-bot growing? How
did you get it? from seeds, seedling or cutting?
Thanks
Usha di.
>  Symbiosis 8.jpg
> 73KViewDownload
>
>  Ficus Krishna.jpg
> 78KViewDownload

Col Bimal Sarkar

Apr 7, 2011, 10:50:52 AM4/7/11
Dear Friend,
Attaching two images.Second one is for identification.
Symbiosis 10.jpg
Identity 1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 7, 2011, 11:05:30 AM4/7/11