MS,April,2021/02 Colocasia sp. for id

M Sawmliana

Apr 27, 2021, 11:04:11 AM4/27/21
to indiantreepix
Location : Lengpui, Mizoram
Date: 09-06-2010
Habit : Herb
Habitat : Wild

With regards,
M.Sawmliana
Colocasia jsp.(Zawng-baibing-hnah-rang) (1).JPG

M Sawmliana

Apr 28, 2021, 3:53:38 AM4/28/21
to indiantreepix
Colocasia heterochroma ??

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 28, 2021, 4:26:30 AM4/28/21
to efloraindia, M Sawmliana
Yes !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 3, 2021, 6:39:58 AM5/3/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
I think the same (variegated form of C. fallax) as in MS, April,2014/04 Colocasia sp. for id

Colocasia jsp.(Zawng-baibing-hnah-rang) (1).JPG

J.M. Garg

May 3, 2021, 11:42:20 PM5/3/21
to Peter J MATTHEWS, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Peter ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Tue, 4 May, 2021, 6:41 am Peter J MATTHEWS, <p...@minpaku.ac.jp> wrote:
Dear Sawmliana ji,

Thanks..

This is not C. fallax... this appears to be C. affinis var. jenningsii (with the caveat that it may be a different species than C. affinis Deva &  Naithani 1985)

Th sinus is very shallow, the green is a brighter shade of green. Also: the number of lateral veins branching from the central rib  appears smaller than in C. fallax, the blade is more rounded, and blade lacks the striking pale blush generally seen on C. fallax.

C. fallax often has pale to dark purple colour in the petiole; I have not seen purple petioles on C. affinis var. jenningsii (but I have not seen much of this plant in the wild, so this can't be taken as a reliable general observation).

This is an important record of the plant in Mizorum!

Peter

From: M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com<mailto:msawm...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 20:34
To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com<mailto:indian...@googlegroups.com>>