050409GI Id pease

Padmanabhan Geetha

Apr 5, 2009, 12:23:34 AM4/5/09
to wildflowerindia, indiantreepix Indian
Dear Friends
Images attached with this mail are of a plant taken inside the forest of Velliangiri. Growing on a slope a few furlongs away from a stream. The same plant had flowers with yellow and pink hues in their petal and lovely shade of blue anthers. The shrub looked attractive. there were both grasshoppers and butterflies seen on the plant.
Vellinagiri hills border Tamilnadu ( Coimbatore) and  Kerala. The forest is a treat for Botanists and with such a diversity of trees, most of which i did not photograph as i was on a short time bound hike.
thanks and best wishes
geetha
yellow n pink.jpg
yellow and pink.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 5, 2009, 1:19:10 AM4/5/09
to Padmanabhan Geetha, wildflowerindia, indiantreepix Indian
... I think Capparis rheedii ... no better name than Rheed's Caper ... endemic to Western Ghats of India.
Please wait for friends' comments.

I have:

Regards.

Padmanabhan Geetha

Apr 5, 2009, 1:49:02 AM4/5/09
to Dinesh Valke, wildflowerindia, indiantreepix Indian
thank you Dinesh ji, shall wait for more responses.
geetha

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2009, 6:35:11 AM4/5/09
to Padmanabhan Geetha, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix Indian
I think I will like to go with Dinesh ji.
I think poster should also comment (after getting the initial Id clues) as is being done by Dinesh ji, Samir ji etc.
I think yellow patch is identifying feature for this species as per http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Rheed's%20Caper.html
2009/4/5 Padmanabhan Geetha <iye...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,